Devi's Mount TBR List 2014

Devi

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Let's just say that if Madame Bovary was a real person she wouldn't be on Kay's Christmas list!  :giggle2:

:giggle2: that says it all. :)

Ooh, what an awesome haul! It was well worth the suspenseful wait to see them. :) And they all have gorgeous covers too.

Yes, Kay (and Frankie) hated Madame Bovary, but if it helps any, I quite enjoyed it (although I understand why others might not like it).

I can hardly wait for you to read Miss Peregrine and Hollow City. I really hope you enjoy them as much as I did!

Devi, congrats on your new wonderful books :)! I see quite a few that are on my TBR or on my wishlist. I really hope you enjoy them :).

Ooh, what an awesome haul! It was well worth the suspenseful wait to see them. :) And they all have gorgeous covers too.

Yes, Kay (and Frankie) hated Madame Bovary, but if it helps any, I quite enjoyed it (although I understand why others might not like it).

I can hardly wait for you to read Miss Peregrine and Hollow City. I really hope you enjoy them as much as I did!

Thank you both.

My last book arrived yesterday, will post a picture asap.

Had doctors today, didn't go so well. More tests and more possible diagnosis. ANA too high now (anti nuclear antibodies), normal is around 120, mine was 670. After describing to the doctor my latest symptoms, he has narrowed it down to three possibilities. I also will be starting vitamin d injections if my calcium levels are fine.

Had doctors today, didn't go so well. More tests and more possible diagnosis. ANA too high now (anti nuclear antibodies), normal is around 120, mine was 670. After describing to the doctor my latest symptoms, he has narrowed it down to three possibilities. I also will be starting vitamin d injections if my calcium levels are fine.

So sorry to hear about this Devs. :( I really hope they manage to pinpoint what it is so they can fix it. Hopefully your calcium levels are okay and the injections will help.

:console:  :friends0:

x

Awwww :(, I hope they can help you :empathy:.

Thanks, seem to be improving slightly, mostly down times but there are good days.

Yes the size of Pillars of the Earth looks a bit intimidating, I have picked it up a few times in the shops. When I saw this copy for so cheap, I finally caved.

Well these ones were apparently collector edition covers, and look brand new so thought why not.

Thanks for the link. :) I own more titles than I have read! :giggle2: which is kind of embarrassing. :blush:

Pillars of the Earth is huge, but it's a fast and easy read.  It flows well. :)

Yikes.  I'm sorry you are going through this. 

Narrowing down is a good thing, at least when you have the actual diagnosis, something can be done  about it!  :friends0:

Edited by pontalba

Sorry your having to go through this Devi, i hope they can find out what exactly the problem is & treat it so you can get on with your life. Try not to let it drag you down  :empathy:

I haven't been in this thread for a while, I've been so behind on reading people's reading logs, so I've just found out about your physical problems. I'm so sorry to hear you've been having such a difficult time :empathy:  I really hope the doctor will be able to narrow it down from three possibilities to one certainty and you can then get the right kind of treatment!

How are you with needles in general? I know nobody would be actually gagging to have to get injections on a regular basis, but do you have a phobia for needles or are you okay with them? Such a bummer about having to have the shots. Maybe the doctor could give you a book every time you've been a good girl and had a shot? You know, instead of a lollipop that the kids might get. 

Thanks for all your kind thoughts all.

How are you with needles in general? I know nobody would be actually gagging to have to get injections on a regular basis, but do you have a phobia for needles or are you okay with them? Such a bummer about having to have the shots. Maybe the doctor could give you a book every time you've been a good girl and had a shot? You know, instead of a lollipop that the kids might get.

I used to be very afraid of needles, but I have got better with them over the last year. I used to have an auto injector that you would place the needle in and push a button to inject. Now days I do it with just the needle itself, but I tell you what, I had my first vitamin d injection the other day and the needle was huge! I couldn't look and had to hold my partners hand. It goes into the muscle so the needle is really long.

As you probably guessed above, calcium levels are fine, so now its just two possible illnesses left to confirm or deny. I see a specailist end of april.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still here, lots going on. Fallen way behind on everyones reading threads.