Devi's Mount TBR List 2014

Devi

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm days late in reading about your Vitamin D problems Devi, so sorry that your levels aren't climbing as they should. Stay strong. :friends0:

Sorry to hear about your vitamin D levels, Devi. I hope things improve for you soon. In the meantime, I hope your new books will pick up your spirits.  :flowers2:

Thank you both. I see my doctor next week to discuss the next step.

Well, all my books arrived... except for one. I gave it three days to see if anymore packages arrived, none had, so I had a big opening tonight. :D

I will show you what I got so far, biggest book spree I have ever done and will be my last one too. :blush: I'm kind of embarrassed I bought so many when I look at the pile, but it did make me feel a lot better. Ah well, whats done is done. :)

These four I got for $7 today at my local book barn, I don't even think they were read, no creases in the spine whatsoever. For $7 I would give the books a go.

8eaff55524a2e79afb5e1f05acf76a22_zps16cf

Next up is my big shop...

This one is a signed hardback edition. A bit of a strange food book.

Synopsis from Goodreads

Jean-Marie Charles d’Aumout is many things. Orphan, soldier, diplomat, spy, lover. And chef.

This is his story.

We meet Jean-Marie d’Aumout as a penniless orphan eating beetles by the side of a road. His fate is changed after an unlikely encounter finds him patronage and he is sent to military academy. Despite his frugal roots, and thanks to it and courage in great measure, he grows up to become a diplomat and spy.

Rising through the ranks of eighteenth-century French society, he feasts with lords, ladies and eventually kings, at the Palace of Versailles itself.

Passionate love, political intrigue and international adventure abound in Jean-Marie’s life, but his drive stems from a single obsession: the pursuit of the perfect taste. Three-Snake Bouillabaisse, Pickled Wolf’s Heart and Flamingo Tongue are just some of the delicacies he devours on his journey toward the ultimate feast.

But beyond the palace walls, revolution is in the air and the country is clamouring with hunger of a different kind.

3b4c20058eda0d40b226b155fa08f92e_zps0076

Devi

so sorry to hear your  blood levels were low again . Sure hoping the next ones will look better ,or that the shots will do the trick .

I understand perfectly about the shopping spree. It does seem to help, doesn't it ? Keeps your mind on happier things. It sure looks like you found some interesting books ! Many hours of enjoyment ahead !

What an absolutely fabulous haul, Devi!!  Some gorgeous books!  :readingtwo:  :readingtwo:

Devi

so sorry to hear your  blood levels were low again . Sure hoping the next ones will look better ,or that the shots will do the trick .

I understand perfectly about the shopping spree. It does seem to help, doesn't it ? Keeps your mind on happier things. It sure looks like you found some interesting books ! Many hours of enjoyment ahead !

Great haul, Devi!  I hope things get better soon  :smile:

Thank you all. :)

Great haul Devi! enjoy them all :)

Thanks. You should of seen the shopping cart when i started! I had 43 books before I started the cull. :giggle2:

What a lot of books - I hope you enjoy reading them.  :)

I see you've got Madame Bovary - Kay will enjoy discussing that with you!  :giggle:

Did Kay love or loath it? A friend recommended I read it and for $5 thought why not try it. :)

Lovely book pics Devi - I hope you enjoy Pillars Of The Earth when you get round to reading it, it's a big book but once you get into the story you can't put it down -  that's what i found when i read it  :smile:

Madame Bovary & The Hare With The Amber Eyes are both on my TBR list so i'll be interested to hear what you think about them if you get round to them first.

Hope your feeling better soon :empathy:

What an amazing haul Devi!! Love love LOVE the new books! :D And so glad they made you feel a bit better. :)

Hope you enjoy the Infernal Devices series by Cassandra Clare. I really enjoyed the first book (haven't read the other two yet), and it seems you got them for an absolute bargain!

I've posted this in a couple of other threads too: I came across this the other day and thought you might like it. It's one of those Reddit things to count how many fantasy series' you've read. :D

Lovely book pics Devi - I hope you enjoy Pillars Of The Earth when you get round to reading it, it's a big book but once you get into the story you can't put it down - that's what i found when i read it :smile:

Madame Bovary & The Hare With The Amber Eyes are both on my TBR list so i'll be interested to hear what you think about them if you get round to them first.

Hope your feeling better soon :empathy:

Thanks, seem to be improving slightly, mostly down times but there are good days.

Yes the size of Pillars of the Earth looks a bit intimidating, I have picked it up a few times in the shops. When I saw this copy for so cheap, I finally caved.

What an amazing haul Devi!! Love love LOVE the new books! :D And so glad they made you feel a bit better. :)

Hope you enjoy the Infernal Devices series by Cassandra Clare. I really enjoyed the first book (haven't read the other two yet), and it seems you got them for an absolute bargain!

I've posted this in a couple of other threads too: I came across this the other day and thought you might like it. It's one of those Reddit things to count how many fantasy series' you've read. :D

Well these ones were apparently collector edition covers, and look brand new so thought why not.

Thanks for the link. :) I own more titles than I have read! :giggle2: which is kind of embarrassing. :blush:

Edited by Devi