Devi's Mount TBR List 2014

Devi

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just finished reading the second book of the Unwind series - Unwholly by Neal Shusterman. Great book! Moving onto the third one as it needs to be back at the library in two weeks. Review coming soon.

Edited by Devi

I'm glad to hear you liked the book! The first one is on my wishlist. I hope your mojo will continue in a good way so you can read the third one before it's due at the library. How are you doing with the illness?

I started developing a cough last night, and its got worse as the day has drawn on. :( I can't stop sneezing either, throats a little itchy too.

Thank you for asking :)

Edited by Devi

Get well soon, its really rotten being ill, i've finally got out of it after a month of flu and tonsillitis. There's some horrible bugs going round, its not really surprising with all the flooding and cold weather, what id pay to see summer right now! Happy reading  :smile:

Thanks Shelley, I am feeling a little better each day. :) I hate being sick during winter though! I prefer being sick in summer, I think the heat makes you feel better sooner, if that makes sense.

Finally! The next metro book has been translated into English, and was released yesterday. I had a $10 off card, so couldn't resist the purchase.

fed566236479bd864c787820cde8cb46_zpsbb7f

I hope you enjoy the book :)!

It makes sense you'd rather be sick in summer. I've been ill most often during the winter and not often during summer. I think it comes with the colder weather that there's more illness around.

I still haven't read the first Metro book. :lurker: Apparently it was made into a computer game. Have you played it?

Yep, and there was a second game made as well, but not based on the second book, rather its related to the first game/book. I own both, they are fantastic games.

Edited by Devi

Purchased five books in the BD sale that has just been. Shall post when they arrive. :)

Purchased five books in the BD sale that has just been. Shall post when they arrive. :)

x

I look forward to see what they are :)

My partner bought me some books. :)

x

Yay! Those are some beautiful covers. I quite liked The Hobbit and might read Paper Towns in a bit (it's on my TBR). I loved The Book Thief so hopefully this book by Markus Zusak will be good too :).

Really keen to see what you make of Paper Towns and When Dogs Cry! For opposite reasons though... 

I've heard lots of good things about John Green but didn't really enjoy The Fault in Our Stars...but the synopses of all his books really grab me! Wondering if I should give him another chance... 

I loved loved loved The Book Thief, so hope this next one is just as good and I need to rush out and grab it! 

Really keen to see what you make of Paper Towns and When Dogs Cry! For opposite reasons though... 

I've heard lots of good things about John Green but didn't really enjoy The Fault in Our Stars...but the synopses of all his books really grab me! Wondering if I should give him another chance... 

I couldn't finish The Fault In Our Stars, but I loved Paper Towns. I found the characters in The Fault In Our Stars far too 'clever' with their way of speaking, so it didn't ring true for me. Paper Towns was very original. :smile:

I didn't get anything during the BD sale. I kept forgetting to check so missed a lot of books, and when I did remember to check I didn't see anything appealing.

I really like the cover of The Hobbit. :)