Devi's Mount TBR List 2014

Devi

I finished A Storm of Swords! :D :D :D

Now, onto the final (printed) book....

Mini review:

Wow! What a tale and a half that was. I didn't even notice the length it was that good (though i was reading it on a kindle). Sometimes though, you can notice a drag in books but I didn't feel it in this one. Best book thus far in A Song of Ice and Fire series thus far.

I was trying to tell my boyfriend (who watches the tv series) about it all) and it went something like this. "This happened, then that happened, oh and then this and this, then that, and that and then this and that, oh oh my favourite part...." :giggle2:

Basically, he doesn't need to read the books now. :D

5/5

Edited by Devi

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I finished A Storm of Swords! :D :D :D

Now, onto the final (printed) book....

Mini review:

Wow! What a tale and a half that was. I didn't even notice the length it was that good (though i was reading it on a kindle). Sometimes though, you can notice a drag in books but I didn't feel it in this one. Best book thus far in A Song of Ice and Fire series thus far.

I was trying to tell my boyfriend (who watches the tv series) about it all) and it went something like this. "This happened, then that happened, oh and then this and this, then that, and that and then this and that, oh oh my favourite part...." :giggle2:

Basically, he doesn't need to read the books now. :D

5/5

I'm so glad you enjoyed it :D! I really liked this book too. Have fun reading the fourth and fifth book :).

I'm so glad you enjoyed it :D! I really liked this book too. Have fun reading the fourth and fifth book :).

I finished the fourth book, I am onto A Dance with Dragons now. :)

Edited by Devi

Ah! I got confused because you said A Storm with Swords. I hope you enjoy A Dance with Dragons :)!P.S. I look forward to read The Maze Runner trilogy with you in November :).

Don't forget to read A Feast for Crows first! :o

Ah! I got confused because I was counting books - not looking at titles... Lucky I didn't start reading yet. :blush:

May I join in with the group read of The Maze Runner next month? I've had it on my TBR pile for ages and don't want to see the movie until I've read the book.

Yes!  That would be awesome! Please join us.

I recently finished A Handmaid's Tale, I wasn't impressed either, though I wouldn't say I hated it.

Atwood is one of those authors for me that Frankie described the other day, as one we just explore for no reason.  I'm just on this Atwood mission, I've got to find out the secret lol I hope I don't reach the end of this trilogy and find out there isn't one...  knowing Atwood, there isn't.  She likes the edge.  :P

Are you reading anything at the moment, Devi?

Not at the moment, I have been far to tired again to read. :( I really want to start A Feast for Crows.

May I join in with the group read of The Maze Runner next month? I've had it on my TBR pile for ages and don't want to see the movie until I've read the book.

Yes, as the others have said please do!

Hmm, not many people seem to like A Handmaid's Tale.

Edited by Devi

Hmm, not many people seem to like A Handmaid's Tale.

I think it was your cover of... was it MaddAddam, that says it best, she is dry and dark :smile: It's sort of a hard style to get into.  If Handmaid's Tale is your only Atwood experience, most would probably feel neutral about the book.  Now that I've gotten more used to her, I think I will read Handmaids Tale again.  Most of her books that I have read (Ok, the 3, soon to be 4), I can tell will/ would benefit from a re read.  I have an urge to read Handmaids Tale as my first book of the year as I will be finished with my books that I've planned by the beginning of the year and it was my first read of this year.  Similarly, I think I will want to read the MaddAddam trilogy again and might save it til this time of year next year to do it.  Sorry, long winded on that one, I guess :blush2:

Just to be awkward, I'll admit that I loved it  :D   (It's one of my favourite books, but I do enjoy dystopian fiction, so maybe I was predisposed to enjoy it.)

:D  Well, having read it twice, I can comment that the first time I was a bit "meh", second time was the charm....don't remember my rating, but def enjoyed it a lot more the second time.   Some books are just like that.

• 2 weeks later...

:006: Been thinking about you lately- hope you are feeling ok.

I was just going to ask the same question. I want to start after the read a thon. So now?

Gaia?

Aww thanks, been getting there.

How many books are there in the set? I saw in your thread you listed four, and I only thought it was a trilogy (mine came in a box set). I am missing the fourth book if that's the case.

Edited by Devi