Amazon Marketplace

Raven

Does anyone here use Amazon Marketplace to sell books?

I've got a few books that look almost brand new and I am contemplating selling them on here.

Has anyone used it? Was it a positive experience or do Amazon take all the bounty and you all the abuse?

Edited by Raven

I have used it. I didn't get any abuse but you need to work out your pricings if you want to make any money as amazon do take a good snip. I don't really mind if i break even or just make a small amount as I only really use it to get rid of stuff that's taking up space but is a bit too esoteric for the charity shop.

• 4 weeks later...

I love amazon to buy books. Fantastic. It always shows the condition and even the used books were still in good condition. You couldn't give as a gift obviously but if its just for yourself I would recommend. Buy loads off amazon. Just be careful for postage sometimes says its free but will automatically put a cost on and then you have to change it to the super saver. Just started downloading to kindle app on computer and iphone and that is brilliant too. Very quick. Amazon is fantastic full stop!!!

Edited by Michelle
promotional content removed

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I've sold on Amazon marketplace. The only issues I have are that a lot of the fiction especially only goes for a penny and it can hardly be worth going to the post office if it costs more to get there.

Yes, but, at least in the States, 3.99 USD is added onto each order for shipping.  Even overseas. 

I've shipped books to friends, and at least in the Continental U.S., that more than covers the cost, more than half.  It would add up I expect.

And you are rid of the book, and it's going to a home where it's wanted.