I am curious

In Tesco this morning I noticed that Katie Price has another paperback on the Bestseller shelf. It has never crossed my mind to pick up her books (perhaps I should) and I have often wondered who does buy and read them? Are they any good? Well they must be mustn't they? Thousands can't be wrong. In a similar vein I have never looked inside Victoria Beckham's last tome (it was sealed with cellophane after all). What am I missing? Am I just too old? :lol:

I'm afraid I have to admit I have read her first autobiography and her first novel Angel. I enjoyed the biograhy although I don't actually like her very much. I kept shaking my head at how so self obsessed someone can be.

Her novel was easy trash reading and loads of it is taken from her biograhy

I didn't read her first book although I have to admit I was tempted just to be nosy, but a friend of mine did read it and said it was a real easy read - as in not too taxing on the brain - and that she thought the main character was pretty much based on Jordan. So that kind of put me off.

Urgh. Celebrity books. Published only cos of her famous name. I stay well clear. She doesn't have a life I'm interested in much as she's barely done anything of note. Maybe she is a nice person, I think she is but I couldn't care less.

I make a point not to ever buy a book by such people. Besides, they may not even be written by her/them but through a ghost writer...

• 2 weeks later...

I read the autobiography to get the gossip when it first came out. I used to be into celeb gossip, but im not anymore. I thought it was a waste of money as most of it you already knew about from the papers and magazines. That was def my last one. I think.

Yes, no more.

I read her first autobiography which was bad but not quite as bad as I thought it was going to be. How can anyone so young have 3(?) autobiographies out already!?!

Because people pay money for them. Simple as that, I think! In my humble opinion, books of this ilk are nothing more than elaborate and lenghty 'Hello'/'OK' articles.