Hush Series by Becca Fitzpatrick

Star

Has anyone read this series please?

It's got some amazing reviews but I can't tell if it's aimed more at youngsters or not. I know its a YA read. :doh: I've read that it's the best Fallen Angel series going at the moment (beating the Fallen series by Lauren Kate).

I read the first one a couple of years ago, and here's my review from then:

Well, it's another YA fantasy, and the second one I've read this year about angels. It may not be highly original, it may not be anything earth shatteringly literary, but what it is, is a fast paced, thrilling page turner with a believable and surprisingly unannoying heroine. The action whips along nicely throughout, there are some chilling scenes that make you wonder how it's being done, and I liked the resolution of the plot.

However, it was a bit predictable and there were some clichés and stereotypes, so although I didn't know how some of it was done, I could see who was causing the mayhem, who the good guys were and who the bad guys were.

There are definitely some story lines that haven't been fully established or explained, so I imagine this is probably the first of a series of books, and these other plots will be developed in future installments.

If you like the current crop of fantasy books that Twilight has brought to the fore of the YA market, then you'll definitely enjoy this one as one of the better ones.

I gave it a 3/5 (back in the days when I actually used to rate books in my reivews ;)), but I have to admit, it didn't capture my imagination enough and I haven't read any more of the series since.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...