Diary of a Wimpy Kid only available on Kindle Fire

BIGhay

I was really excited at the prospect of all 7 Diary of a Wimpy Kid books becoming available in eBook format as this is the perfect present for my nephew who has a kobo, only to find out the ebooks are only available on Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire HD and Kindle for Android.

Does anyone have any other information on the ebook release or when it may be coming out on other devices? Fingers crossed it's before Christmas.

Puffin is the publisher so I looked on their site but I haven't contacted them directly. It just says it's not availble yet which suggests maybe it is going to be released in other formats, but apparently it's mostly large graphic pictures as you said, because it's originally a comic book so I'm not sure how they're going to release it any other way. I've found two places other than amazon that are selling it, but it's still only in kindle fire etc format. Oh well, I guess I'm buying him the book... He'll probably gasp in horror as though I've just stepped out of a time machine.

• 4 weeks later...

I also have tried to look for it, but only found books... but aren't the books somehow also nice ? It's not like stepping out if the time machine horror, but like .. back to the old school ? :D

No physical books are also very nice, it's just that my nephew has a kobo which his life revolves around, so I'm probably going to get the 'but I have a kobo' speech after handing him a book on Christmas day. He'll read it nonetheless and that's all that matters, and all his other Diary of a Wimpy Kid books are hardback books.