Hannibal - TV Series

Michelle

Has anyone else heard about this? Apparently it'll be in the US early next year, so I'm sure we'll get to see it soon after.

Hannibal is an upcoming American thriller television series currently in production at NBC. Developed for television by Bryan Fuller, the series is based on the series of novels by Thomas Harris and will focus on the budding relationship between FBI criminal profiler Will Graham and Dr. Hannibal Lecter, a forensic psychiatrist destined to become Graham's most cunning enemy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hannibal_(TV_series)

Hugh Dancy has described his new television series Hannibal as "psychological" and "experimental".

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/news/a382042/hugh-dancy-hannibal-tv-series-is-psychological-and-experimental.html

This could be very good. Hopefully, if it's sucessful, it will make its way over here. Hannibal Lecter is such an interesting charactor, I suppose it was too good to leave to just a couple of films. It's a pity that the books went a bit downhill (in my opinion, anyway) after "Silence". Hannibal (the book) read like a film script rather than a coherent novel.

• 1 year later...

They've changed quite a bit of the back-story of the main characters, even swapping story-lines between them. I'm not going to bother mentioning the obvious casting changes.

Clarice Starling makes an appearance as Miriam, An FBI Trainee, Hannibal " Better to call yourself an Agent in Training" She notices a wound pattern, where a hunter is shot with an arrow and sees a statue in Hannibal's House. A La Red Dragon and Graham.