What chick-lit book should I get my wife at Xmas?

So with Christmas just around the corner (eeek!), I am planning my Christmas shopping and each year I normally get my wife a new chick-lit book as a stocking filler. She is a big fan of Sophie Kinsella and Louise Bagshawe, but I wondered if you guys could recommend any other authors, or even a new book my Kinsella or Bagshawe? Thanks in advance!

How about Me Before You by Jojo Moyes, not really conventional chick lit, probably not even chick lit at all, despite the cover indication that it is, but an excellent light yet moving read that comes highly recommended by many of the female members on here.. :smile:

I second this and was going to suggest it myself but Chalie beat me to it ;):empathy:

Nicholas Sparks is a great chick lit author and so is Paige Toon if that helps. Can't go wrong with any of them.

If chosing Nicholas Sparks either The Notebook, The Best of Me, The Last Song & Paige Toon Lucy in the Sky or Pictures of Lilly.

Hope that helps

Btw although not chick lit has she read the Twilight Saga?

Edited by Star

If she's read the twilight series I thoroughly recommend 'the host' by the same author. It's not chick lit, if anything its sci-fi but believe me i'm a chick-lit lover & a massive twilight fan & the host has blown me away just as much as twilight.

After the first 100 pages it's amazing & I would say its up there with twilight 110% . I can't get enough. If you want that something special 'the host' or 'me before you'.

Btw it's worth mentioning I'm not into sci-fi either. As Stephenie Meyer says it's sci-fi without being sci-fi ;)

Edited by Star

Carole Matthews is popular, and will probably have a new book in time for Christmas. :)

I don't usually read chick lit at all, but Matthews is pretty good. The Chocolate Lovers' Club and the sequel, The Chocolate Lovers' Diet are both excellent reads. :)

• 2 weeks later...