Featured Author - Kelley Armstrong

I couldn't resist - I have a few more questions for you, Kelley:

1. Which kind of supernatural do you think you

That's really interesting - thanks. :(

Have you ever had your books published under different titles in different countries?

I got all excited once because I thought Emily Barr had a book out I hadn't read (I spotted it on Amazon), but then I discovered by reading the reviews that it was one I'd already read, but was for the American market.

I don't normally read Amazon's reviews until after I'd read a book, and Amazon hadn't provided a synopsis in this case, so I'd have been pretty annoyed if I'd ordered it.

I can understand why they do it in some cases, but sometimes the name change appears completely unnecessary.

I've managed to avoid this, but it's been a battle :D There were a couple of times with the early books when the publishers came close to going their separate ways with titles, but I argued strongly for not doing that--for the very reason you mentioned. With a global book-buying market, I know I'd get readers buying what they thought was a new book, only to discover it's an old one with a different name.

How about all your various characters Kelley.. do you have a personal favourite?

I don't. I have characters that, under certain moods/circumstances, I prefer to write about, and ones that are easier to write about, but not actually a favourite. Elena's easiest because I've done her the most. Eve's toughest, because I've done her much less and she's furthest from my own personality...but she's lots of fun!

Well, tomorrow is the last day of the month, and I just wanted to say a huge "thank you" to Kelley for being here to answer our questions - it's been a real pleasure having you here, Kelley, and I hope you'll still visit from time to time and keep us all posted on all your new releases (or even just to say, "Hello!").