Bridget Jones III on the Way

Raven

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

You've known this since November! How on earth have I only just discovered this? What would you name the new book? My guess is something along the lines of 'Bridget's Baby Jones-Darcy.' It has to involve a baby, where else can Fielding go with it?

• 3 months later...

I've never read the Bridget Jones books but I've loved the movies. So I'm looking forward to the film!

:o

The first book is SO much better than the film (which I still think is pretty awful, even if I do watch it again occasionally :roll:)

:o

The first book is SO much better than the film (which I still think is pretty awful, even if I do watch it again occasionally :roll:)

I think the movie's good, but of course the book's better! And the second movie...? If you didn't like the first movie, chesil, you'd abhor the second one :lol: Such a bad one!

I only found out this morning that there was going to be a third 'Bridget Jones' book. With all the tweeting/texting supposedly included in the new books, is Helen Fielding just trying to seem cool, or will this add to the story do you think? As the last book came out 13 something years ago, is it a bit too late for a new book? We will have to see......

I'd be interested to see how Bridget progresses as a character.

Edited by karen.d

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Just wanted to say that the paperback version is out already, in case there was anyone who was waiting for it and didn't realise it's out so soon! :) I'm thrilled they decided to release the paperback version so close to the publishing of the hardback :smile2:

I think the movie's good, but of course the book's better! And the second movie...? If you didn't like the first movie, chesil, you'd abhor the second one :lol: Such a bad one!

I have seen it, and you're right, it's even worse!  Doesn't stop me watching it occasionally if I come across it while channel hopping :D

• 3 years later...

And now there's a fourth book out?! I only just found out :oHere's the Amazon bit

8.45 P.M. Realise there have been so many times in my life when have fantasised about going to a scan with Mark or Daniel: just not both at the same time.

Before motherhood, before marriage, Bridget, with biological clock ticking very, very loudly, finds herself unexpectedly pregnant at the eleventh hour: a joyful pregnancy which is dominated, however, by a crucial but terribly awkward question – who is the father? Mark Darcy: honourable, decent, notable human rights lawyer? Or Daniel Cleaver: charming, witty, notable fudgewit?

9.45 P.M. It’s like they’re two halves of the perfect man, who’ll spend the rest of their lives each wanting to outdo the other one. And now it’s all enacting itself in my stomach.

In this gloriously funny, touching story of baby-deadline panic, maternal bliss, and social, professional, technological, culinary and childbirth chaos, Bridget Jones – global phenomenon and the world’s favourite Singleton – is back with a bump.

I knew there was a fourth book; haven't read the third yet though.

I do have to admit I'm not a huge fan of the first two books.  I can't remember exactly but I have a feeling I may have read them after I'd seen the movie and the books just didn't work for me.  Found them a bit boring if I'm honest.  I am, however, looking forward to the third movie being released on DVD as I do like the movies, even though they are a bit cheesy!

I didn't know there was going to be a new book, thanks for that :). The paperback should be out in a couple of months. It does look like it's similar to the recent movie. But, confusingly, the 3rd book takes place several years after the recent movie. I've read the first three books and enjoyed them.

• 1 month later...

I've now finished the book and what I said before still stands :(  I'm so disappointed :(  I enjoyed the movie a whole lot more than the book, and that's saying a lot! 

I can't wait for someone else to read the book and share their thoughts! 

• 9 months later...
On 30/12/2016 at 7:23 AM, frankie said:

I've now finished the book and what I said before still stands :(  I'm so disappointed :(  I enjoyed the movie a whole lot more than the book, and that's saying a lot! 

I can't wait for someone else to read the book and share their thoughts! 

I have still to read this, I think I'll try and read it by the end of the year. 

I have seen seen the film and liked it and there have been a couple of times where I have seen the film first and then not enjoyed the book. Most notably One Day and The Devil Wears Prada.

I find books that don't seem to progress in any way hard to get into. Still we shall see.