Sign in to follow this  
Michelle

Halloween Reading?

Does anyone try to read anything special this time of the year - do you prefer a creepy ghost story, or a horror story? And do you look for something new, or turn to old favourites?

I quite like to read creepy stories in the winter (not necessarily for Halloween). I'm currently reading The Historian, a modern dracula based story, so that fits the bill quite well.

Edited by ~Andrea~

I think that I read Frankenstein last year, and I have half a mind to try Dracula this year but for some reason feel I should read it at New Year, I think because I used to watch Dracula films after the bells!

I also have a book of M R James' Ghost Stories, so if I can't bring myself to start on Dracula then I think I will dip into that :)

I would be to scared to read scary stories around Halloween...to vivid imagination :lurker::hide:

I would be to scared to read scary stories around Halloween...to vivid imagination :lurker::hide:

This is me all over.

I could only read dark world during the day, which is why I think it took me so long to finish. :giggle:

I usually don't because I hardly ever seem to find anything scary/creepy and if I do, it usually doesn't really hold my interest for long. But this year, I think I'll try John Advije Lindqvist's Little Star. Just the book cover already creeps me out, so I'm hoping to be scared out of my wits and forced to sleep with the lights on.

Andrea, The Historian is an awesome novel, definitely one of my all time favourites - hope you're enjoying it!

I finally decided on the M R James Collected Ghost Stories; I have read 6 so far, and really enjoyed them - they are nicely understated and creepy rather than too horrific.