"Cover" songs

muggle not

With a Little Help From My Friends -- The Beatles

Cover by Joe Cocker

English singer Joe Cocker's version of "With a Little Help from My Friends" was a radical re-arrangement of the original, in a slower, 6/8 meter, using different chords in the middle eight, and a lengthy instrumental introduction (featuring drums by Procol Harum's B.J. Wilson, guitar lines from Jimmy Page, and organ by Tommy Eyre). Cocker performed the song at Woodstock in 1969 and that performance was included in the documentary film, Woodstock. This version gained even more fame when it was used as the opening theme song for the television series The Wonder Years.[20] Cocker's cover was ranked number two in UpVenue's top 10 best music covers of all time in 2009.[21] In 2014, a BBC poll saw it voted the seventh best cover version ever.[22] The version heard in the film Across the Universe segues from the original to Cocker's arrangement at the end of the song. In 2001, Cocker's version of the song was inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame.[23] (Wiki)

Yeah, yeah, I still vote for The Beatles.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images