"Cover" songs

muggle not

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I Put A Spell On You. Originally by Screamin' Jay Hawkins, this has been covered by so many people. But it's hard to choose between Nina Simone, CCR and Joe Cocker.

This is the one I choose for a cruisy, rainy Sunday night.

Edited by poppy

I Put A Spell On You. Originally by Screamin' Jay Hawkins, this has been covered by so many people. But it's hard to choose between Nina Simone, CCR and Joe Cocker.

This is the one I choose for a cruisy, rainy Sunday night.

I hear the original by screamin' jay yesterday on the radio. It is getting close to Halloween. :) And I think I hear something scurrying across the floor while I am in bed.

• 2 weeks later...

Each to their own, but there's no doubt that the Quo version has exceeded the Fogerty version in popularity. It probably doesn't help, for me, that Fogerty's voice sounds like someone strangling a cat :hide:

This one's so bad it's hilarious:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EReWi009IL4

ETA: Really like this one, but then I love the original, too :smile:

Edited by Karsa Orlong

^^ I quite liked it :lol:

I was at this gig at Hammersmith when Dream Theater played the whole of Dark Side of the Moon - they did a pretty damn good job of it :smile:

Money

The full performance is

I was at that performance too!!! It was awesome, wasn't it? We were there both nights - they only did that on the second night, so we got two completely different shows. :)

My hubby was dead lucky - he got to go backstage and meet the band afterwards. I was so jealous I almost burst! But one good thing did happen - hubby asked John Petrucci if there was any chance he could smuggle him out of there for me, and JP actually sent a message to tell me "Hi" and wish I could have come backstage too (it was a competition prize, which was why I didn't get to go back too).