Hello!

etheline

Hi everyone! Another newbie here. I found this forum today after browsing various book sites, looking for a place to discuss books, seeing as my friends aren't really into reading as much as I am. I've been looking through the forums a bit, and it seems like a really nice place, so I thought I'd stop by and say hello.

So anyway, hello! I'm Frida, but I usually go by the screen name etheline online (it's a character in The Royal Tenenbaums, the movie by Wes Anderson), and I live in Sweden. The books I read are 99% English though, and I've studied English since I was 9, so I'd say I have a pretty good grasp of the language B)

I'm really bad at these introductions though, so I think I'll stop there, but I'll just say that I can't wait to get active and start discussing books and reading in general!

Hi etheline! B)

Welcome to the forum! Everyone here is very friendly :roll: What books/genre do you like to read? My pile of unread books has grown huge since I joined this forum because of all the great recommendations. I look forward to discussing books with you!

Hello & B) aboard, Etheline! We have a growing number of "foreigners" on the forum these days - all very welcome - it gives the place a nice, eclectic feel! It's lovely to have you here - I hope you'll enjoy talking books with us. :roll:

welcome etheline!!! im relatively new here but i really like it- everyone is really friendly and its a great place to talk about books glorious books!!!B)

Thanks everyone!

What books/genre do you like to read? My pile of unread books has grown huge since I joined this forum because of all the great recommendations.

Hmm, I read almost everything except horror/thrillers. At the moment I'm very into reading classics (the annual booksale back in February had a lot of English classics this year, and I still have books left!) and general fiction. I've also gotten to read a lot of Shakespeare, and I actually went to the Globe in London this past weekend (awesome!), so I think I'll read more plays by him as well.

I think my TBR pile is something of 20 books (ehehehe) since I came back from London. I wonder how huge it will become after reading all your recommendations... B)

Othello is really fantastic live, but that's the only Shakespeare play I've seen in an actual theatre.

I was lucky enough to see Hamlet with Robert Lindsay playing the lead at the Manchester Royal Exchange. It was a dynamic production particularily as the theatre is circular with 'scaffolding' which Robert Lindsay used to great effect. I was an A level student at the time and years and years later when I went to work at the Sixth Form College one of my line managers (also an English teacher) happened to mention that she'd been to that performance in her capacity as English teacher to A levels students at the college in Stoke. Couldn't believe the coincidence!

Welcome to the Forum Etheline.

It's great to have someone from Sweden!

Yes, get ready to multiply that TBR pile by two or three, at the very least!

I love Shakespeare, though I haven't read any recently. I did Othello for A level. It's a very good play and some fabulous characters.

I'm not into horror either (Mmm Nici...might explain our very few duplicates on LT too;))

Hope you enjoy it here.

Looking forward to reading your posts!

iago.jpgIago!

Don't know who the actor is, but he's just my perfect idea of Iago.

PpB)

Hello Frida and welcome to the forum!!

I love Midsummer Nights Dream, it's the only Shakespeare play that I've really paid attention to (apart from Romeo and Juliet at school). I've seen it about four times now (and again in July!) - would recommend it as it is a magical play!

..Royal Tanebaums (can't spell it!) is a great movie!! B)

Hello Frida! :)

Apologies for my belated 'Welcome' (I feel rather ill mannered) :lol:

I hope you're settling in nicely ;)

I usually go by the screen name etheline online (it's a character in The Royal Tenenbaums, the movie by Wes Anderson)

That's one of my favourite films too - I was watching something that showed a clip of it the other day and it made me so happy. It's a wonderful film.

By the way, I love your avatar! Is it your own work or from someone else (mine is something by Tracey Moore at the moment)