The language of flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh

carm

This is such a wonderful book that I recommend with all my heart. It's a story of a young woman who's hard a tough life but has a gift in instinctively knowing what flowers mean and the most appropriate flower for any situation. It's just a wonderfully written beautiful book

• 4 months later...

I  loved the descriptions of the flowers and how the symbolism then integrated into the lives of the customers at the florist.  It was a beautiful and touching read.  I think too I particularly enjoyed reading it as I had been planning my wedding at the time and my head was full of flowers and arrangements and there was a simplicity yet depth to their meaning in this novel.

I wasn't quite sure about this book so I haven't bought it yet. Judging by the posts here though, maybe I should add it to my wishlist again XD.

EDIT: Hmm apparently I had already done so. I normally have a pretty good memory but lately it's been a bit confused at times!

Edited by Athena

• 2 weeks later...

I'll keep watch for this novel myself - thanks for posting on it, Carm.

There's also  "The Flower Reader" a  historical novel which might interest a few of you. Our heroine in that actually reads the future from the language of flowers. 

So between both, the next time someone special buys you a bouquet you'll know what he's saying! ;)   ..    

• 1 month later...