Hello

Fiona

Hi Fiona and a big welcome to the forum.

It's a very friendly place, so just pop in and out when you feel able.

I see you are reading Hemmingway...one of those books I keep promising myself I will read. Are you enjoying it?

Anyway, I look forward to reading your posts.

Take care,

librarybooks.gifPp

Hey! B) Thanks for the welcome. I'm a little (not much) more awake now. I've been up all night finishing of my essay due this morning (too much reading Hemmingway/Harry Potter and not enough work) and horrah... university's over. :roll:

Yeah, Hemmingway is alright. I thought at first it was a bit boring and I didn't like the style of writing but now I'm 100 pages into it I think I'm quite into it. The trouble is I only started reading it because I didn't have another Harry Potter at hand as I'm re-reading those before the seventh.

PP, I love the cat pic! I love cats! :)

I meant to ask you what you studied?

I did English & American Literature at Manchester and I'm off to do an MA in Comparative Literature at Goldsmiths, London B)

When you mentioned reading Hemingway somwhere else, it got me thinking about my house-and-coursemate who did an essay on Hemingway and F. Scott Fitzgerald.

I keep meaning to read Hemingway - are you enjoying it?

(see my above-r post about Hemmingway) basically though I've got into it now but I think if I hadn't had my essay to keep me focused I'd probably have drifted after the first few pages. 100 pg in now and I've got the feel for it.

It's my first Hemmingway book actually... can't say I'm that impressed but I think the more you read the more you kinda like?

Hello & B), Fiona. I've never read any Hemingway so far, but I've started reading the books listed in Peter Boxall's 1001 Books to Read Before You Die, so I'll have read 5 of his novels by the time I'm done...