Stephen King - Doctor Sleep (The Shining Sequel)

Michelle

I did enjoy The Shining, and hated the film version for getting it so wrong. Looking forward to reading Dr Sleep, but I'm reluctant to pay £9.50 for the Kindle version when I know (as an author myself) that there is absolutely no production costs involved in an ebook. It doesn't matter, to me, how famous or popular you are, you don't have to set an ebook price more than £4 or £5 unless you're just being greedy! (IMHO)

I did enjoy The Shining, and hated the film version for getting it so wrong. Looking forward to reading Dr Sleep, but I'm reluctant to pay £9.50 for the Kindle version when I know (as an author myself) that there is absolutely no production costs involved in an ebook. It doesn't matter, to me, how famous or popular you are, you don't have to set an ebook price more than £4 or £5 unless you're just being greedy! (IMHO)

Try the library.  Before the introduction of the kindle we were paying much more for books.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am 58% through Doctor Sleep and so far it is excellent reading. Of all the King books, this is "maybe" the only one where I have deep feelings for two of the characters....Dan and ABRA. I am very anxious to see where this book goes and how it ends.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't seen any comments from anyone that has actually finished a read of Doctor Sleep? I finished it a week or so ago and though it was a pretty good read. I loved the two main characters. Also, I thought there may have been an underlying message in the book.

Stephen King was an alcoholic at one point and the book shows that it is possible to overcome the addiction with help. He also leaves open the future with ABRA as she admitted to trying alcohol at the end of the book.

Edited by muggle not