1. 1. How many books do you read at a time

• One
    • Two
    • Three +

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to read two books at the same time but i made sure they were not similar in anyway, but lately i concentrate on one book at a time. I dont have enough time to read one let alone more so i feel happier finishing one book faster instead of reading two and feeling they are dragging, although that said i am reading a book and am nearly finished but bought animal farm from the charity shop the other day and thought ah why not its small and read that over two days so took two days away from my original book, back to it now, and i wont read another till its finished, it has my undivided attention, apart from uni work that is ;)

I've been dragging through Kate Mosse's Labyrinth since christmas. Its a heavy book, its like a padded version of the Da Vinci Code half set hundreds of years ago. Sorta. Thats the general direction of it. Its beautifully written, but its slow reading. Fortunately the plot is easy so far, so I'm a good 100 pages in and steadily moving through when I get sick of my 'current' reading, which won't happen atm admittedly as right now it is The Time Traveller's Wife, which is, in short, epic.

I know it's bad, but i tend to read several at once >_< it depends on my mood and what kind of tale i want to get into at that particular moment. It involves a lot of re-reading which is annoying, as suddenly i might just decide to go back to another book. Terrible habit!

• 1 month later...

I always find myself starting a book, getting a third of the way in, picking up something else that looks shiny, getting a third of the way into that etc. etc. When I was younger I read so quick it hardly mattered; I could be reading ten books at a time and still finished them all within the week.

Sadly now I stop to savour language and such-like, so getting to the end of all the books I juggle proves a struggle. Sometimes by the time I go back to the original first book I need to start it again 'cos if forgotten bits, which is vexing,

Physically I can only read one at a time. :D

I'm on 4 books at the moment, 3 I'm reading (2 fiction 1 nonfiction) & one is audio.

I have a Kindle so it is much easier to read more than one book at once, since you don't have to carry them around. And when you are tired of reading one book, you just hit a button and go to another.

I read one book at a time. I know people who read two or three together because they bore them a little, but me,if it bores me I will either try my best to finish it or abandon it. Books like the one I have in the middle right now it's another story :D. I pick it up whenever I remember to do so... :D

Here's how it usually happens for me:

I start one book, usually something I've been dying to read or something I just received as part of an Amazon order. I'll get bored with that one, and then start something I've been planning to read for a long time. Then I'll get bored with that one and go back to the original. Then I'll get bored with that one again and start a third book, which I'll read all the way through. Once I've finished the third book, I'll put the other two back on the shelf, completely meaning to finish them soon, but then I'll pick up a totally new book that I've been dying to read, and the cycle starts all over again.

So I usually have anywhere between 1 and 3 books going at once.