1. 1. How many books do you read at a time

• One
    • Two
    • Three +

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One at a time, and I always think about it and sometimes discuss it with someone after I finish. I find there is always more to any book than the initial layer when I take the time to dissect it. This is my favorite part of reading. Figuring out the multiple meanings within books. :D

3+ for me.

I'm rereading The Hobbit by Tolkien, rereading Complete Poe (who can be bothered to type the whole title?!), rereading The Silmarillion, taking my time with my Hitch Hiker's collection, which I adore by the way, reading Stephen King's Everything's Eventual collection of shorts, I've got two non-fictions about yoga on the go, and I'm just about holding off of rereading another couple of favourites until I finish at least one of the...quick count...seven I am already reading.

Blimey...

• 1 year later...

I voted one .

I guess I have a one track mind. Any more than one and I feel pressured to hurry and get one done ,and reading shouldn't be a chore, it should be a treat .

I envy those who can read multiple books .

I only read one book at once, I prefer it that way as I feel I can get absorbed in it and not get anything confused. I cannot start doing the same as I do with my cross stitch - I have several projects I need to finish and I don't intend to do the same thing with my books :giggle2:

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just one for me too. I started reading books and putting them aside then starting another and another. I was ending up have 3-4 books started and none being finished so one it is now.

Now usually I would have to answer with "One", but I am happily reading two at the moment.

At University I had to read a few at a time, just to keep up with the required reading. I found it pretty easy to do whilst I was deep in study, but since then I have become a one-at-a-time reader. I am glad that my reading mojo has brought me to this point where I can read more than one again.