How many books do you read at once?

How many books do you read at a time  

101 members have voted

1. 1. How many books do you read at a time

• One
    • Two
    • Three +

Hah, people telling me I make sense. Thats very rare =P

I'm only reading one right now, What Dreams May Come.

Its.......not very good thus far =/ It read's like B.F. Skinner's Walden 2, which was essentially a behaviourist making a point about psychology in novel form. He had his main character explaining the theory, and other characters asking every possible question the reader could think up, to make the theory watertight. Thats what WDMC is like. Meh. Maybe it'll get better.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been known to be reading three books at once - especially if I'm reading specific ones for uni, although this normally gets reduced down to one if possible. I like to have the variety between books - especially if I'm finding one in particular a bit difficult to read.

Only one fiction book at a time. If I put it down to read another it means I've lost interest and probably won't go back to it again.

I'm pretty much the same - I used to be able to read three or four at once, but I find I that if I do that now, I usually only finish one and give up on the rest. I've decided that life's too short to read a book you're not enjoying, so I give it a third of the book, and if it hasn't grabbed me by then, I move on to the next one.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been doing really well in 2009 but in the past week or so I have found myself getting bored (shock horror) of books really easily and as a result have about five on the go! I have snuggled up in bed for a read and don't fancy any of the ones I am reading so am tempted to pick up another! Does anyone else experience this problem!?

Yes mine are a mixture of fiction and non fiction but my problem is I don't want to read any of them now lol! I occasionally have a few books on the go which isn't normally a problem, maybe I am just having a reading funk.

The brain is a lot like the body, you cant work it constantly for years and expect it to keep going with out a break , take a week or so off from reading allow your brain to rest ;)

I have a friend who goes through the same situation. He reads 5-7 books at once and then either can't decide which one to keep reading, or doesn't want to keep reading either one, and then adds another one to the pile. I'm with Enthusiast on this one. I have to stick to one book at a time, mostly because I always want to enjoy the characters, settings, plots 100% and give my undivided attention to them before I move on to another book. I even wait a day or two in between books so that the story from the previous book sinks in nicely.

The brain is a lot like the body, you cant work it constantly for years and expect it to keep going with out a break , take a week or so off from reading allow your brain to rest ;)

A break from reading, the horror! lol.

I have decided to catch up on some book blogs and realised I hadn't finished the recent newbooks magazine so I am still going to do some bookn related bits and hope a good sleep refreshes me:)