1. 1. How many books do you read at a time

• One
    • Two
    • Three +

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've now lost track. My mum has two books which I want to read, so I want to read them before I go back to college on Sunday. But I'm already reading two books, and theres a third I'm buying that I'm dying to read. I can't read 5 books!!!

Only one at a time. Although I have occasionally been reading one book, and have had an audiobook in my car, but in general, I can't get along very well with audiobooks.

I know what you mean about audiobooks! I've tried reading them in the car while simultaneously reading other books on paper. I find myself rewinding a lot while driving, and forgetting what happened between drives. It works well, though, for really long drives and for re-reads. I re-read The Fellowship of the Ring while driving across the United States and it worked out great. (Meanwhile, during stops I was reading paper versions of Chaucer's "Knight's Tale" and the last Harry Potter book, so I guess that is more evidence of the fact that I often have more than one book going at a time!) :roll:

I do it out of habit, when I was small and used to get two library books out, I used to read both at once. As I got older I could take our 3 and 4, and read them all at once too. My brother used to tell me I was stupid, but still, its a habit that stuck. I easily remember whats going on in a good book and to me its like eating breakfast lunch and dinner - sometimes I want something savoury, sometimes I want something sweet, and I always like having a book nearby to accommodate my mood!

I do it out of habit, when I was small and used to get two library books out, I used to read both at once. As I got older I could take our 3 and 4, and read them all at once too. My brother used to tell me I was stupid, but still, its a habit that stuck. I easily remember whats going on in a good book and to me its like eating breakfast lunch and dinner - sometimes I want something savoury, sometimes I want something sweet, and I always like having a book nearby to accommodate my mood!

You see this makes sense now, and with the amount of mood changes I have, it would probably make sense for me too to read a couple of different genres, but i still think I'd end up just going for the same one and I hate starting a book and then going on to something else, then going back to the first book I started! :D If that makes sense. :D

You see this makes sense now, and with the amount of mood changes I have, it would probably make sense for me too to read a couple of different genres, but i still think I'd end up just going for the same one and I hate starting a book and then going on to something else, then going back to the first book I started! :D If that makes sense. :D

................. You fall over WAY too much. :D

:)

I'm with Charm.. this really DOES make sense! I've never thought about it quite like this, but this might make me change my stance on only reading one book at a time. As long as the genres are different enough, this could actually be good for me! :D