• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I do about 3 or 4 at a time since I'm reading my nook from my Samsung Galaxy Note. I love the convience of flipping from book to book without having to constantly pick up and put down the hard copies. Makes shifting from book to book so much easier!

• 1 year later...

I can only read 1 book at a time. If I am in the middle of a book and have to read one for school I always stop the one I am on to read the one for school. If I read more then 1 at a time I get confused about which story line goes with which book

• 2 weeks later...

No specific number but probably more than three. I tend to have one paperback and one kindle at least. Then, I tend to have a book from different genres going as well - so I might have at least one fantasy, one general fiction, one non-fiction, one science-y book, etc. It just really depends on how many books are out there that interest me at any one time.

At the moment I am reading:

'War and Peace'

'The Dinner' by Herman Koch

'Sputnik Sweetheart' by Haruki Murakami

'The Final Empire' by Brandon Sanderson

'Half a King' by Joe Abercrombie

Tehnically, I also have 'H is for Hawk' half read, but haven't returned to that for a bit.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Usually two - one for commuting (usually something fairly easy to read), and heavier books (both literally and thematically) for home, but they're always completely different genres to each other.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I usually read at least two books at a time. I find it hard to read only one. Even if I am really enjoying the book. I recently decided to put three books at a time on my currently reading shelf on goodreads. I had this habit of adding lots and I wasn't reading them. 

• 1 year later...

I only ever read one book at a time, I think when I was younger I used to be able to read two or three at a time but now I'm older I like to finish one before starting another.

Having said that I'm planning on making a start on the Outlander series by Diana Gabalden soon and as those books are HUGE and on my Kindle I may try reading a different book in physical form at the same time. I guess a lot will depend on how I find reading it; if I love it I may end up flying through it in a oner, if I find it hard going I may want to read it in sections and break it up with other reads. I'll need to see how it goes.

Usually two, one for commuting and one for at home, usually one which I need to concentrate on more, so I choose something lighter (both weight-wise and subject-wise!) for commuting as it's so noisy sometimes it's hard to concentrate, along with other interruptions like having to get off the train earlier as they decide to terminate it before it gets to my stop:(:rolleyes: