1. 1. How many books do you read at a time

• One
    • Two
    • Three +

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always have a book and an audio book on the go, so I guess that's two at a time, sort of. I used to read multiple books at a time, but mostly I only read one "physical" book and listen to one audio book at a time, so I don't get all mixed up, and I tend to make sure they're very different from one another. For example, at the moment, I'm reading No Humans Involved by Kelley Armstrong (a contemporary paranormal novel) and am listening to Fanny Hill: Memoirs of a Woman of Pleasure by John Cleland (a classic erotic novel). There's no way I'd get those two mixed up! ;)

;) i read one at a time but i usually carry two...in case i finish the first one on the commute home i can start the second one:readingtwo:

Hmm, I voted one but have been known to read two at a time. I find if one book drags I'll start another which can be fatal as I may not finish the first.

I may read two contrasting books together. Last year I read a very light fluffy novel alongside a much more literary one. That worked quite well as they offset each other quite nicely. Either may have been a bit much on there own.

I voted the 2, but have been known to have 3 or even more going at the time. Lots of times something like Cloud Atlas [my present read] is episodic in nature, and lends itself to interruption easily.

But if I really want to plow through, I limit to one at the time.....mostly. ;)

When Katie was first born I was up in the night, so i started reading a book in the day , and another at night. They were different too. I had The Vampire's Seduction in the bedroom, and The Mist Over Pendle on the coffee table. Now she is slleping through I have gone back to one. I haven't the time to sufficiently read two during the day.

I have said 'one at a time', though at the moment I am reading 2, but it's not working out. :) I'm trying to read one fiction and one non-fiction, but I haven't picked up the non-fiction book in weeks because the fiction ones are keeping me hooked. Plus, I'm finding it hard to remember what I've read in the non-fiction book if I'm not dedicating myself 100% to it. ;)

I'll keep trying though, because often while the non-fiction (usually science/nature) books keep me interested, they usually take me so long to finish them, that I need to read a novel in between to get my 'fiction fix'.

I'm normally a one book gal, but at the moment i'm reading two. Only because I left my book at work the other day so I started reading another one and now I can't put either one down till they are finished!

I tend to read several, and this is often because I'm reading them for different reasons: we read one for book club at school, I will get one (or sometimes 2!) out the school library, then I always seem to but a new one, or I'll have a book I'm not really getting into so I start reading something else (but still kind of reading the first one) and if I'm re-reading a book then I find a new one I will read the new one. Occaisionally I will find myself reading 5 or 6 books at a time!! I do tend to stick to 2 or 3, though.