1. 1. How many books do you read at a time

• One
    • Two
    • Three +

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted two becuase I have one main book that I read and then I usually dip in and out of an old favourite like Twilight or Harry Potter at the same time. I read the second book when I don't feel like concentrating too much if that makes any sense? It's usually more light reading than my main book.

• 2 weeks later...
I can only read one book at a time, my mind isn't capable of dealing with more than one since I'm a guy and therefore can't multitask lol.

Awww... there there. Would it be a comfort to you to be let in on the feminine secret that multitasking, more often than not, results in glasses in the fridge and books in the cupboard?

I usually read one at a time but have been known to read a couple. It depends what I am reading really. If the book is one that needs to be picked up on occasion and read in short chunks then I will usually have something else on the goat the same time.

At the moment, I'm juggling the following:

- Terry Pratchett, "The Truth"

- Jasper Fforde, "The Well of Lost Plots"

- Walter Moers, "The City of Dreaming Books"

if it wasn't for all the essay/internship/dissertation reading, it would probably be twice that many... *rolls eyes at self*!

• 3 months later...

I usually have 2 books on the go at any one time plus whatever text books I need to be reading. I had this conversation ages ago with a friend who couldn't understand how I could do that but, as I said, she follows more than one soap on tv and doesn't get confused :D

I'm trying to be stern with myself now and get the magic number down to one; juggling books was all well and good when I was younger, full of time and free from the very idea of close reading, and read as fast as a little engine that could - right now it takes me so long to get through a single book it's ridiculous so measures need to be taken, stern ones.

I didn't vote, because it depends on how I feel and on the kind of books I want to read. Sometimes I read 3 or 4 books, sometimes it's two books.

I read almost every kind of book. I like non-fiction as well as various genres of fiction. I've read more classics than contemporary fiction, but I'm catching up now. (this forum helped me to find some nice contemporary fiction)

I have entered 1 because i never usually read more than one at a time. However at the moment as a one off i am reading two. Only because one of the books i am reading together with my husband. When he's not able to join me i am itching to have something to read, so i have started another. Like i said though: It's a one off.

• 3 weeks later...

Usually 2... one "upstairs" book for bedtime & bathroom reading and one "downstairs" book for lunchtimes at work and for when hubby is on the PS3! Upstairs book is usually something i've read before and is generally quite light and fluffy.. I like a bit of chick-lit in the bath :D My new books are always reserved as "downstairs" books. Am I really weird LOL?