What's up in September?

Maureen

Thanks! yeah things are moving very fast for us both at the moment, Kate got a job in the Fitzwilliam Museum, exactly where she wanted :)

Fantastic Tim! Good news all around. Happy to hear of it.

Well me and my now ex boyfriend split up two weeks ago, i did mention on here at the time, and now i find out he has a new girlfriend already, within two weeks. That kinda hurts a bit :(

Well, all I can say is a pox on him. and phooey too. Its good riddance to bad rubbish. You don't need a bum like that, I'm sorry to say.

Please know you are better then that, and be happy within yourself.

:empathy:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well me and my now ex boyfriend split up two weeks ago, i did mention on here at the time, and now i find out he has a new girlfriend already, within two weeks. That kinda hurts a bit :(

:friends0:

We will be leaving for a two week vacation to Bar Harbor, Maine on Sunday (9-9-12). Maine is one of our favorite states in the U.S. I just found that one of my favorite singers, Don McLean, also lives in Camden, Maine. We drive through Camden on our way to Bar Harbor and always stop at Cappy's Chowder House for lunch (http://www.cappyscho....com/about.html). We drive the coastal route to Bar harbor as it is so picturesque (spelling).

Edited by muggle not

I am run off my feet.

At work we're doing IT workshops for student orientations, and there are over 2000 students to be orientated. It basically involves repeating the same 20-30 min talk about IT services in the university (how to use the computers and their online email/student hubs if you like) - but we're repeating this up to 4-5 times a day each (three of us) for the next two weeks. It doesn't sound that bad, I certainly didn't think it sounded that bad before I started it, but so far we've only done pre-orientation welcome sessions and my head is wrecked and I'm sick of repeating the same talk. I'm also not at ALL comfortable with speaking to groups this size (30-50 people), so I'm majorly stressed and dreading the next two weeks.

On top of that, as soon as orientations are over, my mentor is leaving, and we're down to two in the office, and we have a week of ECDL exams to supervise between the two of us - it will be my first time ever supervising the exams, and I'm straight into a week where I'll be supervising about 6 hour-long sessions, alongside the start of a further two weeks of supplementary training, which I'm also new to, and will be hands-on training for the exact stuff I'll just have spent two weeks telling 2000 students about.

Head. Is. Wrecked.

So that's why I haven't been posting much! :P

Supervising exams isn't as bad as it sounds Noll - I used to be an invigilator for GCSE's and A'Levels which I know is not the same, but the principle is. The longest exam I ever invigilated was 3 hours, but some of the other invigilators did longer with the students that got extra time. You learn various 'tricks' to keep the mind occupied - counting desks, counting girls/boys, reading the stuff written on the desks !

Obviously there are rules which will vary accoridng to the exam board, but the basics are the same - no mobile phones or other similar devices, clear water bottles and pencil cases, no writing on hands and arms, and of course certain posters that have to be displayed in and outside the room.

It sounds a lot I know, but it really isn't that bad once you have done it a few times.

The worst thing that ever happened to me was a fire alarm going off halfway through ! When that happens though, you just note the time, stop the exam and get them all out of the building !

Edited by Talisman

You have the right attitude, LauraLoves, so good for you! :)

Good luck with all your busy-ness at work, Noll. I know you will do fab and come out on the other side looking and feeling as sparkly as ever!

I'm officially jealous, Muggle. Maine is SO beautiful and I can't wait to see your pictures! A few years ago when I took a road trip through New England we spent quite a bit of time near Acadia National Park and the drive from there to New Hampshire was almost the best drive I've ever been on, especially since we were there in the autumn.

Thank you all again for all of your good thoughts, prayers and vibes. My step-father was discharged today from the hospital and he and my Mom are flying back home tomorrow afternoon. His daughters, who went to be with them soon after he entered the hospital, left today and drove my Mom's car back for them.

I hope everyone has a nice weekend! I'll be getting ready for my travels on Wed and doing some last minute shopping.

Coran and I are up ealy once again (no rest for the wicked - would love to know what I've done) to go and see the Sitting Volleyball mens final. It doesn't start until 2pm, but we have to be there 2 hours before for the security and of course to get lunch. We thought we would get there a bit earlier though so that we can have a proper look around. It should be a good day.

Edited by Talisman

thanks everyone, I'm feeling a bit better today. Its his loss and hes really shown his true colours. I do NOT need someone like that in my life :)

Correct and great attitude Laura!! Good show. :D

We had a wonderful day, drove across the lake down to N.O. Shopped, ate, shopped some more. Ate some more. /sigh/ :D

Gorgeous day. Only a few showers while we were driving home on the bridge. Loverly.

It's been a bit of a tough month for us so far, but hopefully things will start looking up for us now. Xan's birthday is in a couple of weeks (we're having a little tea party for him) and then mine is two days later. And I know loads of people don't like to think about the festive season this far in advance, but I'm well on the way to being sorted out for all that so the end of the year should be a bit easier. :)

I haven't been on much recently i do come on and have a look but don't get much of a chance to post. work is mad am short staffed on a million different projects across all the regions so am too knackered in the evenings. However it does seem to be getting better though we are getting busier. I also volunteered to make my nieces birthday cake which is tomorrow so here is the finished piece extra glitter all round :D she is 6 and loves princess stuff.

birthdaycake6.jpg

Lovely cake Pickle - can I have some ? !

I am enjoying a day off today - they have been in short supply lately. I have two more days of work (Friday, Saturday), before I have 8 lovely days off. On Sunday we have another cycling race (The Tour of Britain) coming through Dorking, so I have taken the day off to see that, and then on Tuesday I am off to Westward Ho in North Devon for 5 days. There is not much to see in the town itself (apart from the beach), but it is a good base for exploring the area, and if the weather holds I should be able to explore quite a bit. It's an area that I am quite familiar with, and Lundy is only a short hop across the water, so I may decide to go on my first ever day trip to the island and renew acquaintances with the sheep (and islanders). I have bought a beach tent that I can use if the weather does get a bit iffy, and wil be taking plenty of waterproofs in case!

Edited by Talisman

Tomorrow my big brother arrives in the UK from Perth (Australia). I haven't seen him in 16 years! We chat most weeks and e mail each other reguarly, and I consider him to be not only my sibling, but one of my best friends, so I am almost sick with nervous anticipation. When we ended our last call we were able to say "See Ya!", and mean it! :D

It has never quite worked out for hm to get back here or for us to get out to see him, and time passes so darned quick. I am bigger and greyer after those 16 years, and he is too, but I think the bggest surprise will be when he sees my son who was a skinny 11 year old when he last spent time with him, and is now a strapping 6' 6" :giggle2:

Happy days!

Tomorrow my big brother arrives in the UK from Perth (Australia). I haven't seen him in 16 years! We chat most weeks and e mail each other reguarly, and I consider him to be not only my sibling, but one of my best friends, so I am almost sick with nervous anticipation. When we ended our last call we were able to say "See Ya!", and mean it! :D

It has never quite worked out for hm to get back here or for us to get out to see him, and time passes so darned quick. I am bigger and greyer after those 16 years, and he is too, but I think the bggest surprise will be when he sees my son who was a skinny 11 year old when he last spent time with him, and is now a strapping 6' 6" :giggle2:

Happy days!

Oh Chrissy, at last!!!! I hope you have the most wonderful time together. How long is is staying for? :jump:

Just a beautiful and adorable cake, Pickle! Well done :)

I'm so excited for you, Chrissy! I hope you and your brother have loads of fun. Is he in the UK for a visit or will he be moving back? It's so great that you all will be able to spend time together after all of these years.

My Bro is visiting for 3 weeks, and after this weekend will be dashing about the place, but spending the final week with ME!

He loves Australia, and his kids are there so he has no plans to move back here. I am a little overexcited right now, so I am popping out to the shops to get some last minute bits (he has requested star bars, apple turnovers and cheese 'n' onion slices) then later we will leave for the airport. * Woo Hoo*. :D