Your Book Activity ~ September 2012

Kylie

For those who are interested, The Thoughts and Happenings of Wilfred Price, Purveyor of Superior Funerals by Wendy Jones is the Kindle Daily Deal. I know it's on a few people's wishlists. I've snapped it up! :boogie:

I've also started Paper Towns by John Green.

Edited by bobblybear

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who are interested, The Thoughts and Happenings of Wilfred Price, Purveyor of Superior Funerals by Wendy Jones is the Kindle Daily Deal. I know it's on a few people's wishlists. I've snapped it up! :boogie:

Thanks BB! I've just trundled along and got that, despite my attempt at not buying any more books this year! :D Some offers are too good to pass up!

Finished my re-read of Pride and Prejudice today. Loved it ... as usual! Also read Wickham's Diary by Amanda Grange, which I was a little bit disappointed with after having really enjoyed the previous books of hers I've read, but I did still enjoy it.

Edited by chesilbeach

Hoorah...finished my book....One Good Turn by Kate Atkinson. Now I can concentrate on The Hunger Games: Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins.

In the post the other day to I was sent my signed copy of The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey.

I've started it, but have been sidetracked multiple times. Ratz. Starts out very interestingly.

funny you should say that...I've been sidetracked as well!

I'm reading The Stepford Wives by Ira Levin. It's different to what I expected - more interesting and 'readable'.

That was a fun book :)

Gave up very quickly on How I Live Now, the punctuation was awful, no where near enough commas left me exhausted and infuriated..

Sensible woman! I suffered right through to the end. The story was as woeful as the punctuation, or lack thereof.

funny you should say that...I've been sidetracked as well!

I've made excellent progress in the last few days, up to page 253 at present, and rolling along. It does get better and better.

How are you finding Mister God This Is Anna ?

I've been putting it aside for a week now, I've had another novel to read. I'm not very much into MGTIA, there are too many ideas there and it's all just... very out there.

I have just finished Hermione Lee's biog of Virginia Woolf .. all 700 odd pages of it .. hurrah! Was sobbing at the end of it (and not all of it was relief :D) .. I nearly always sob at the end of biographies .. if the person dies.

I can't believe you've already finished it :D I take it you enjoyed it very much! I saw a copy of Orlando at the library today and thought of you (I always do when I come across a Woolf title).

Hi everyone. I'm reading The 100 year old man who climbed out the window and disappeared and Tess of the D'urbaveilles

How are you liking The 100 yo. Man? :)

Gave up very quickly on How I Live Now, the punctuation was awful, no where near enough commas left me exhausted and infuriated.. Will start on Hollow Pike instead.. :)

Hehe, I believe this is one of Kylie's most hated books ever, and I do think it has something to do with the punctuation :giggle: Coincidentally, I searched for this book at the library today, I was going to borrow it and read it so I could see what was so wrong with it, but it was a futuristic novel and I thought I'd maybe read it later.

I've finished my Finnish detective novel Annikki Nissinen selvittää murhan, and have moved onto Kirjepostia by Terttu Autere. I think since I started working at the library, my reading of domestic novels has increased by 300%!

(Borrowed 6 more books from the library today :blush:)

Still reading Hope and Glory but it's going to take me a while. Don't even seem to be able to manage a full chapter at a time, but it is fascinating so I will definitely finish it. :reading:

Finished reading Biting Cold by Chloe Neill, and have started Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen and downloaded a sample of Hollow Pike by James Dawson. :smile2:

Have also realised how far behind I am with my reviews, so will try to make a start on those later today. :blush:.