The Bronte sisters

KAY

'Whuthering Heights' is my most favorite book! I've read it many times. :D

I started 'Tenant of Wildfell Hall' last month, but have to admit, I put it down at chapter 22. I'll probably finish it, but can't say so far that I'm all that enamored.

I tried to read 'Villette' last year and couldn't get very far into it at all. I found it really dull and plodding. Doubt if I will attempt it again.

I'm also reading a book that Daphne Du Maurier wrote about Branwell. Didn't realize she'd written this and just came across it on one of my used bookstore forays, but it's not bad. A little too convoluted, though.

Edited by Anika

'Whuthering Heights' is my most favorite book! I've read it many times. :D

I love it, too.:D

I tried to read 'Villette' last year and couldn't get very far into it at all. I found it really dull and plodding. Doubt if I will attempt it again.

Argh, I dumped it too, and had moved further than you.:D

I started 'Tenant of Wildfell Hall' last month, but have to admit, I put it down at chapter 22. I'll probably finish it, but can't say so far that I'm all that enamored.

It took me a while to get into, but I did end up liking it! I thought I'd give the most oft forgotten Bronte sister a try; she writes quite differently but certainly not badly.

Jane Eyre is my favourite book of all time: I read it as a child and have re-read it a few times since then. The fictitious Lowood school and Brocklebridge Church were based on real buildings in my area, so that local link is pretty cool, too!

Has anyone read 'The Professor'? - it's on my TBR list but I haven't got around to it yet.

• 8 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Wandering slightly off subject - has anyone read the novel about the Bronte sisters "The Vanished Bride" by Bella Ellis?

In this, the Bronte sisters themselves turn detective on the trail of the mentioned bride! I've just got it on kindle. 

I'd have loved to get the hardback but my shelf space quaked at the thought of another tenant!

It's waiting my attentions, beckoning, beckoning, as they do!

This is the first of a series which is great news. Of course, much will be of the imagination of Ms. Ellis herself, but there may be a few facts thrown in too. Sounds interesting, and current!y for 99p. how can I lose?

Has anyone else read this novel of the Bronte detective trio? I'd love to hear your thoughts.:)

Happy Christmas or 25th December, everyone. Enjoy whatever you are :readingtwo:

• 3 years later...