London 2012 Paralympics

Raven

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched until midnight, then watched the rest of the closing ceremony on the Channel 4 website this morning. I thought it was spectacular, but as a lot of people have said, there was a bit too much Coldplay (and I'm saying this as a fan!). If you had bought tickets to see the closing ceremony and were not a fan of Coldplay, you would want a refund!

Am now looking forward to the parade through London later.

We've just been outside the office on Fleet Street to cheer the parade past. Saw - among others - Greg Rutherford, Tom Daley, Ellie Simmonds, Becky Adlington, Christine Ohuruogu, Anna Watkins, Sarah Storey, Joanna Rowsell, Zara, Mo, and Sir Chris. Took loads of photos - remains to be seen how they come out - I got a bit excited :lol::D

Edited by Karsa Orlong

We've just been outside the office on Fleet Street to cheer the parade past. Saw - among others - Greg Rutherford, Tom Daley, Ellie Simmonds, Becky Adlington, Christine Ohuruogu, Anna Watkins, Sarah Storey, Joanna Rowsell, Zara, Mo, and Sir Chris. Took loads of photos - remains to be seen how they come out - I got a bit excited :lol::D

Brilliant! Post some of the photos on here! I'm watching the parade on tv at the moment and it's wonderful to see so many people put supporting the athletes. I'm quite surprised that today hasn't been made a Bank Holiday in the UK. Or has it?

Brilliant! Post some of the photos on here! I'm watching the parade on tv at the moment and it's wonderful to see so many people put supporting the athletes. I'm quite surprised that today hasn't been made a Bank Holiday in the UK. Or has it?

Nope, it hasn't. Or, if it has, they've made me come to work anyway :lol:

Oh, and I saw one of my personal heroes from the Games: Mark Hunter. How could I forget? :doh:

I can't get my photos off my camera until I get home but, just as a taster, here's a photo my colleague took of Sir Chris. Although, as he only got half of him, it must be Sir Chr . . . :lol:

post-6588-0-63568000-1347285677_thumb.jpgpost-6588-0-58959700-1347285768_thumb.jpg

Nope, it hasn't. Or, if it has, they've made me come to work anyway :lol:

Oh, and I saw one of my personal heroes from the Games: Mark Hunter. How could I forget? :doh:

I can't get my photos off my camera until I get home but, just as a taster, here's a photo my colleague took of Sir Chris. Although, as he only got half of him, it must be Sir Chr . . . :lol:

post-6588-0-63568000-1347285677_thumb.jpgpost-6588-0-58959700-1347285768_thumb.jpg

The woman in the 2nd photo (I can't remember her name at the moment!), was one of the commentators on Channel 4, but I wasn't aware that she had competed as well!

The woman in the 2nd photo (I can't remember her name at the moment!), was one of the commentators on Channel 4, but I wasn't aware that she had competed as well!

That's Joanna Rowsell, gold medallist in the cycling (team pursuit, with Laura Trott and Dani King) :smile:

Jo suffers from alopecia .. so you might not have recognised her with/without her wig .. in competition she didn't wear her wig .. for the commentary she did. She's amazing .. I enjoyed her input so much during both the Olympics and Paralympics :)

post-5612-0-24375900-1347287190_thumb.jpg

Watching some of the parade on TV, while trying not to fall asleep. I haven't had a decent nights sleep for 2 days now what with the Sitting Volleyball and the Closing Ceremony. It was worth it though - every single moment.

Here's some of my photos. They've actually come out quite well :smile:

You can see Mo's back in the first one, doing the Mobot. He turned away just as I took it, as did Becky :doh::lol:

Two of Anna Watkins, just because :blush2::giggle2:

Fab Photos!

Thanks! :smile:

I've only just realised that Kat Copeland and Sophie Hosking are in the one with Mark Hunter and Anna Watkins. I didn't recognise Kat without her mouth agape :o:lol:

And Kath Grainger is behind Anna, with her back - quite wisely, probably - to me :smile:

^^ Nice! :D

I'm waiting for my stamps to turn up. I ordered complete sets of first day covers for both the Olympics and Paralympics. The Olympics ones were supposed to be sent within 28 days ... it's now 30 days since I placed the order. Still, it is the Royal Mail, I suppose! :lol: (and to be fair, they probably got swamped with orders ...)

Some of the T shirts are lovely - a few are still left on the 2012 website. I have 2 that I bought - one with just the Paralympic symbol on it, and one from the Olympic Museum with gold lettering stating London 3 times host of the Games with the year dates on it. We also have programmes from both Olympic and Paralympic Games and one each of the mascots - a Union Jack Mandeville, and my favourite which I love, a limited edition gold wenlock. You could only get these from the Olympic venues, and I think in years to come, they will be collectors items. They are gorgeous.

Love the phots KO.....especially of Chris Hoy (my hero..... :giggle: ..sigh). They are having a wee parade in Aberdeen on Sunday for our local gold medalists, and they are going via the gold post boxes. Hope the weather improves for them.