Leif GW Persson

emelee

Anyone read one of his crime novels? They are terrific. "GW" as he is called, knows how the police REALLY works from the inside, so his novels are very realistic. If you want to read someone who has major insights of how things are really done. :o

Leif Gustav Willy Persson (born 12 March 1945 in Stockholm) is a Swedish criminologist and novelist. He was a professor in criminology at the Swedish National Police Board from 1992 to 2012. He is known for his crime fiction novels and for his regular appearances as an expert commentator on notable crime cases in television and newspapers. Between 1999 and 2009, he participated as an expert commentator on the television show Efterlyst. Nowadays he participates in the television show Veckans Brott, which is primarily about unsolved Swedish criminal cases.

(Wikipedia)

His novels (so far):

• The Pig Party, 1978
  • The Profiteers, 1979
  • My capacity, 1981
  • The Pillars of Society, 1982
  • Between Summer's Longing and Winter's Cold, 2002
  • Another Time, Another Life, 2003
  • Linda - as in the Linda Murder Case, 2005
  • Falling Freely, as in a Dream, 2007
  • He Who Kills the Dragon, 2008
  • The Dying Detective, 2010

He's also written many scientific reports etc, but they aren't as entertaining as his crime novels. ;)

I'd not heard of this guy, so I will be looking out for something by him as soon as my TBR pile gets a little shorter. Another Scandanavian crime writer - they must have something in the water over there! Thanks for the tip, Emelee.

Currently listening to "Linda - as in the Linda murder case", and Evert Bäckström (the main character, a police man) is really a jacka$$ in this one. That is who he is, but in this one he is the master of it. :readingtwo:

I do sometimes wonder how the translations are. I only read them in Swedish, and from experience, I know how difficult it can be to translate certain things! Especially where there is no good translation possible. :o