Looking for something kind of specific...

Let's hope I can word this well enough for you to understand what I'm talking about. I'm interested in a story where one person or a group of people stumble upon a different land, outside of ordinary Earth. An entire universe or just a small town. Just a different place, if that makes sense. Think Neverwhere or Kafka on the Shore or even the Narnia books. Hell, even Wizard of Oz. Like a stranger in a strange land kind of thing. People are all in the mysterious place, doing what they're doing. Protagonist is all "oh man what is this place how did I get here how do I get back"

Hope that makes sense. Thanks in advance for any reccomendations :)

Edited by Kafka

I could recommend "The Sparrow" by Mary Doria Russell. It follows a group of evangelists on a mission to a newly discovered planet. It also has a follow up - although the title escapes me at the moment.

Also Julain May's "exile" saga - starting with "The many-coloured land" is also a series I would recommend (and am always banging on about!)

Also Julain May's "exile" saga - starting with "The many-coloured land" is also a series I would recommend (and am always banging on about!)

That was the one I thought of straight away, Ian :smile:

Stephen Donaldson's Thomas Covenant books spring to mind, too.