treat for SF fans- Godspeed ship diagram

vodkafan

This is a link for the Across The Universe website :

http://acrosstheuniversebook.com/

You can take a look around the spaceship as well as some other goodies about the book and author. Personally I think that ship design is way too small for a "generation" ship. What do others think?

Going by the size of the habitats in the 'City' I guess the scale is a little deceptive, but it still looks on the small side. And the habitats themselves look like the sort of containers you see on the docks, I hope they're a bit nicer inside! :D

Yes, they're definitely containers stacked on top of each other! I've seen similar living environments in recent years, just in news stories about interesting architecture. I must say, I thought then that it would be a nice, cheap way of living! I suppose you could knock the sides out of them to expand (I could never fit all my books in one container).

I suppose you could knock the sides out of them to expand (I could never fit all my books in one container).

:lol:

Well I reckon, by the time this ship's built, they'll have a fancy matter-energy converter that'll zap all your books into a memory chip the size of an ant, and then you can zap back any one you want at any time. I saw it on Star Trek, it really works :o:giggle2:

• 5 weeks later...

They really would do well to improve the sense of scale. When I first looked at it, I thought it was the size of a house. And while it would be cool to be able to zip around from planet to planet in a ship the size of my house, I think I'd go crazy in little time if I had to stay confined to it for a generation or longer.

:lol:

Well I reckon, by the time this ship's built, they'll have a fancy matter-energy converter that'll zap all your books into a memory chip the size of an ant, and then you can zap back any one you want at any time. I saw it on Star Trek, it really works :o:giggle2:

Or it'll just upload like in the Matrix..."Computer I'd like to read, Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy. Awesome book, thank you computer!" LOL