You're going on holiday, you get two books!

I always used to pack way more than just two books - at least half a dozen. Now I take whatever book I'm reviewing for an author/publisher, and ... my Kindle. I know, it's cheating, but it's the truth! I was away for a week and that's what I took with me. Didn't get much time to read, but that's what I took. :-)

I've just got back from a week in Spain and only had enough space for two books. I took Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier and Birdsong by Sebastian Faulks. I finished Birdsong on the plane back so I luckily measured it perfectly.

If I were to go away again I'd take Kushiel's Dart by Jacqueline Carey as I'm only on page 179 of over 1000! I'd also take A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini as it's next on my TBR list after Carey's trilogy.

I'm always interested in those who take books written by authors from the place they're visiting. I'd looked into getting a Spanish novel but never got round to buying one. It'd definitely an unusual idea!

I'm always interested in those who take books written by authors from the place they're visiting. I'd looked into getting a Spanish novel but never got round to buying one. It'd definitely an unusual idea!

I would be more inclined to do that since starting my 'world' challenge.

I did read Thomas Hardy's The Mayor of Casterbridge whilst staying in Dorchester - that's nearly the same! :giggle2:

• 4 weeks later...

They would be a novel(It's not hard to decide!)and the other one would be hasht-ketab by my favorite poet: Sohrab Sepehri. I think it will be eight books in English, In our language eight means hasht(هشت)and book means ketab(کتاب).It includes eight books and every book have some beautiful poet. It never gets boring!