The Gaming Box

Hayley

Me too @Athena! I think I want the grass type :D. I definitely think it will be the old fashioned way of catching pokemon, I think I remember them saying that they'd still release traditional games when they did the Let's Go games. I tried the demo of Let's Go Pikachu but it just didn't feel as fun.

I'm still playing Sun, I've finished the story but I like trying to collect all the pokemon!   

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll be picking the water type (I almost always pick water). The grass type looks really cute too :). I hope so, that'd be great :D!

Have fun collecting all the Pokémon :)! I usually try to do that before I finish the story, like, I try to collect them as I go.

4 hours ago, Athena said:

I'll be picking the water type (I almost always pick water). The grass type looks really cute too :). I hope so, that'd be great :D!

Have fun collecting all the Pokémon :)! I usually try to do that before I finish the story, like, I try to collect them as I go.

I think that would actually have been the more sensible way to do it, since then you have more options for your team in the game, but I just missed loads. I think I’m still only on about 45% of the Pokédex! I like seeing what I can find in the worm holes too! 

The water type is particularly cute in the new trailer. Is there a reason you usually go for the water type? Is it for a tactical purpose or are they just your favourites usually?

1 hour ago, Hayley said:

I think that would actually have been the more sensible way to do it, since then you have more options for your team in the game, but I just missed loads. I think I’m still only on about 45% of the Pokédex! I like seeing what I can find in the worm holes too! 

Have fun :D! I didn't do a lot of the wormholes I'm afraid, the way to fly into them had me a bit confused so I only did a couple.

1 hour ago, Hayley said:

The water type is particularly cute in the new trailer. Is there a reason you usually go for the water type? Is it for a tactical purpose or are they just your favourites usually?

In Pokémon Crystal (my first Pokémon game) I picked Chikorita, and in every game since I've always picked the water starter. Blue is my favourite colour. Astrology says as a Scorpio water is my element, and I do feel like it is (though I don't actually go swimming much or anything) (well that and the earth, but not air or fire). I love water moves and you always needed a water Pokémon because of Surf (except in the more recent games) (I love Surf btw).

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/03/2019 at 10:24 PM, Hayley said:

It’s so addictive! I actually spent ages just gathering ingredients and cooking.

I was looking at Octopath Traveller but I wasn’t sure if it seemed worth the price. I think it has a demo now so I might give that a try. I think Mario Odyssey is on sale at the moment too so I’ll have a look at that :)  

Does anybody else like the Pokemon games? They’ve announced the next one (sword and shield) and I can’t wait to play it!

We got a pre-owned version of Octopath, which made it a bit cheaper. It's kinda like old school final fantasy. 

My son is playing Let's go Pikachu. I don't really understand it though. :lol:

• 1 month later...

I haven't played much of anything recently but I did start Secret Files: Tunguska (on Nintendo switch) and the little I've played seems really promising!

Also, in case anyone is interested, Sims 4 is free on Origin this week :) 

4 hours ago, Hayley said:

I haven't played much of anything recently but I did start Secret Files: Tunguska (on Nintendo switch) and the little I've played seems really promising!

I've played Secret Files: Tunguska *many* times on PC, and it's such a great game!  I hope you enjoy it!  (There are two sequels, and they are equally as fun, I'd recommend them.)

5 hours ago, Athena said:

Thank you for that :D!

I'm glad it was useful :smile:

2 hours ago, Onion Budgie said:

I've played Secret Files: Tunguska *many* times on PC, and it's such a great game!  I hope you enjoy it!  (There are two sequels, and they are equally as fun, I'd recommend them.)

Ooooh there are sequels!? If it's good enough for you to have replayed it multiple times, I'll trust that it's going to stay good! 

• 2 weeks later...

Nintendo did a Nintendo Direct today, giving a bit more information about Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield, including a release date. It will be released on November 15th (worldwide). I'm excited to play it!

3 hours ago, Athena said:

Nintendo did a Nintendo Direct today, giving a bit more information about Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield, including a release date. It will be released on November 15th (worldwide). I'm excited to play it!

Oooh I forgot that was today! I thought the release would be later than that! Also excited to play it :) 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I upgraded to a new, beefier PC the other week, so I've been looking for new, beefier games to play on it.  I've been playing Eastshade the past few days, and am LOVING it.  Think along the lines and mechanics of Skyrim, only with no murder, blood or weapons!  It's open world, there are quests, and it's beautiful and charming.

29 minutes ago, Onion Budgie said:

I upgraded to a new, beefier PC the other week, so I've been looking for new, beefier games to play on it.  I've been playing Eastshade the past few days, and am LOVING it.  Think along the lines and mechanics of Skyrim, only with no murder, blood or weapons!  It's open world, there are quests, and it's beautiful and charming.

I've never heard of this game but I just looked it up and it looks amazing! I'm already a big fan of just wandering around open world RPGs, picking flowers etc. so I feel like this would be my kind of game :lol:.

I was watching the reveal trailer for Planet Zoo the other day and, even though it's not the type of game I usually go for, I'm really tempted.

Less than a week left until the new Pokémon game too! 

1 hour ago, Hayley said:

I've never heard of this game but I just looked it up and it looks amazing! I'm already a big fan of just wandering around open world RPGs, picking flowers etc. so I feel like this would be my kind of game :lol:.

Oh, it definitely would be!  It's really refreshing to have an open world game where you don't have to kill things.  I've just bought an in-game bicycle, so I'm whizzing around like a gleeful mad thing.  The quests are fun.

On 09/11/2019 at 4:24 PM, Onion Budgie said:

This sounds really good! I've added it to my wishlist, so I can take a closer look at it when I have a bit more time.

2 hours ago, Athena said:

This sounds really good! I've added it to my wishlist, so I can take a closer look at it when I have a bit more time.

I finished it a couple of days ago, and will absolutely replay it at some point, I had such a good time.  I hope you like what you see when you check it out!

On 15/11/2019 at 11:35 AM, Onion Budgie said:

I finished it a couple of days ago, and will absolutely replay it at some point, I had such a good time.  I hope you like what you see when you check it out!

Thank you!

Yesterday evening I started playing Pokémon Shield. I played for about 2 hours yesterday, I look forward to play more later today. My boyfriend and I have one Switch (which he paid for), and he's been playing it more than me. Only one of us can play at a time, so I'm letting him play while I do some stuff and then later today I'll get to play. 

On 15/11/2019 at 10:35 AM, Onion Budgie said:

You had me fully convinced at 'whizzing around like a gleeful mad thing'! I just need to check that my laptop will run it ok, since the graphics are particularly spectacular. I think it should be able to though. 

33 minutes ago, Athena said:

Thank you!

Yesterday evening I started playing Pokémon Shield. I played for about 2 hours yesterday, I look forward to play more later today. My boyfriend and I have one Switch (which he paid for), and he's been playing it more than me. Only one of us can play at a time, so I'm letting him play while I do some stuff and then later today I'll get to play. 

I got Shield too! The intro is really long for this one isn't it? Have you set up a camp and cooked yet? I managed to make a toast curry, which sounds a bit... weird :giggle2:

1 minute ago, Hayley said:

I got Shield too! The intro is really long for this one isn't it? Have you set up a camp and cooked yet? I managed to make a toast curry, which sounds a bit... weird :giggle2:

It's cool you got the same version :D. The intro is long! I don't have that option yet, I think I need to get further in the story for that. I'm kind of a slow player, my boyfriend is way faster.

I'll put in spoiler tags where I am in the game, in case anyone else doesn't want anything spoiled for them.

Spoiler

The last thing I did last night was that I've just been to route 2 and went to the house of the professor / Gran person. Then I went back to the town Wedgehurst (I had to look up that name as I couldn't recall haha).

I just spoke with my boyfriend and he says I'll get the camp feature soon

5 minutes ago, Athena said:

I just spoke with my boyfriend and he says I'll get the camp feature soon

Yeah you will, the next part you've got to play is really good :).

I'm not a very fast player either, I like to explore and find all the hidden things!

19 hours ago, Hayley said:

Yeah you will, the next part you've got to play is really good :).

I'm not a very fast player either, I like to explore and find all the hidden things!

I have the camp feature now! I couldn't cook anything though as I have 0 ingredients and only 4 berries :P. But I'll try it when I do have some ingredients. I made my way to Motostoke (or something like that).