The Gaming Box

Hayley

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Karsa that No Man's Sky looks amazing! Any idea what platform('s) it's expected to be on?

I got some really good PC games in the sales this month. So far I've finished 2 of them. Violett, which was really fun, and really pretty, and also the first Deponia, which was amazing, I can't wait to get the next one!

I also got this game called Miasmata, it was completely made by just two brothers and it's really interesting, I've never played a game like it. It's actually really hard to explain exactly what it is. I'll put a link to the trailer....

Has anybody else played it? I'm not very far into the game, and it really freaks me out sometimes, but at the same time I really want to play to see what happens :D

Karsa that No Man's Sky looks amazing! Any idea what platform('s) it's expected to be on?

It's for PC, Hayley, although that may change, I suppose   :smile:

Bad news, though.  It's being developed by Hello Games in Guildford, and their office was flooded during the storms over Christmas/New Year.  More here.

ETA:  this looks good, too: Star Citizen

Edited by Karsa Orlong

Small Son got himself a second hand game with his Christmas money for his 360, it is called Rage   and he is very chuffed with it as he got it for £3.99 . It plays very similar to Far Cry but much more interesting.

• 1 month later...

I just found out the Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remake is going to be out in a few weeks! X is my favourite game of all time, so I'm really excited to be seeing the new version and playing through it all over again. I liked X-2 a lot too and will be playing through it as well. I haven't played much games at all lately so I'm looking forward to playing something I've played a lot of in the past, it should be a lot easier for me since it's input I recognise, I know how to play the game and what'll happen.

I'm eagerly awaiting for the next metal gear solid game - ground zeros. Releases in 14 days here! Its the prologue to metal gear solid: phantom pain, which hasn't got a release date yet. I have thief waiting on my desk to be started, not sure how I feel about it, it seems to be getting mixed reviews, most seem to dislike it.

Right now I am currently replaying metal gear solid: peace walker in preparation for ground zeros.

My boyfriend is also excited to be playing Ground Zeros, I hope it's good so both you and he like the game.

Kojima is yet to fail me :)

He is one of my idols though, so i could be a bit biased. :giggle2:

It's for PC, Hayley, although that may change, I suppose   :smile:

Bad news, though.  It's being developed by Hello Games in Guildford, and their office was flooded during the storms over Christmas/New Year.  More here.

ETA:  this looks good, too: Star Citizen

I thought it would be, but they're trying a lot out on the new consoles now so you never know!

Star Citizen does also look amazing. Unfortunately it also looks like it might make my laptop explode if I try to run it :o

I'm eagerly awaiting for the next metal gear solid game - ground zeros. Releases in 14 days here! Its the prologue to metal gear solid: phantom pain, which hasn't got a release date yet. I have thief waiting on my desk to be started, not sure how I feel about it, it seems to be getting mixed reviews, most seem to dislike it.

Right now I am currently replaying metal gear solid: peace walker in preparation for ground zeros.

I bought Thief for my boyfriend for Valentine's day (not at all because I also wanted it myself... :lurker: ) I've watched him play a bit and graphically it looks incredible, it's actually really difficult too, I think it will take a lot of patience!

I am looking forward to ground zeros, I'm happy they lowered the price for it too! I just hope this and Phantom Pain will be as good as the others, there's a lot to live up to! From the trailer it looks like Kojima has gone quite controversial on this one.

Less than a month for Elder Scrolls Online too! I still wish it wasn't monthly subscription, but at least it's been reduced to about £8, which I think is pretty good. I don't usually play mmo's, but the beta got me addicted :giggle2: . Will anybody be getting it?

I like Oblivion and Skyrim but I don't like MMOs anymore. I used to play a free one a lot, and that's in my past now. I don't like monthly subscriptions and our internet doesn't work well enough lately anyway, it keeps cutting out. I hardly play any more games anyway :blush2:, too tired. But I hope you have fun with it though :). Feel free to post about it, I am interested to hear about it. I don't know much about it to be honest.

To be honest I pretty much want it because I like the other elder scrolls games too. I never play mmo's. I know it might sound a bit weird but I think having other real players in the game stops it from being really immersive. I've just played it pretty much as though it's single player. I want to know the end of the story now too :D.

Did anybody follow the games BAFTA's yesterday? Here's the winners if you missed it http://awards.bafta.org/award/2014/games.

I'm quite surprised Tomb Raider didn't get anything, and that call of duty doesn't seem to have even made it to the list of best multiplayer :shrug: .

I found another book related game too. A point and click 'Journey to the Centre of the Earth', which I started a few days ago. Personally I'm finding it very annoying to play, and far less like the book than I expected. In fact, apart from the idea of going down a volcano to the centre of the earth where dinosaurs still exist, it's nothing remotely like the book. It also makes you run backwards and forwards a lot. Even when you saw something at the beginning that was clearly going to be useful, you have to play another half an hour to trigger a conversation to get the ability to pick it up, then run all the way back to get it, and run back to where you got to again. And in some cases if you do something in the wrong order (even though the order shouldn't logically matter), or leave a screen without picking something up, the game breaks or becomes unwinnable. After about an hour it feels a bit like :banghead: . But if you want a good test of your patience, definitely try it :giggle2:

• 2 weeks later...

I've received my copy of Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster and am really enjoying playing through FFX again. I've played it for 2-3 hours so far. The game looks better than on the PS2 and I look forward to play more of it. I have the sound turned off most of the time. While I played it with sound way back when, nowadays sounds quickly tire me out so I play most of the game muted. I know what the cutscenes sound like though for some of them I turn the sound on. The game isn't too difficult for me to play because I've played it many times before so I know how to battle etc. I do get tired from playing it but nowhere near as much as if I were to play a new-to-me game with sound.

• 2 months later...

Lately I don't play that many games, because of tiredness. I should really play some more of Final Fantasy X but I've not played it for a few weeks now. Is anyone else playing anything, or excited about a new game coming out? Even though I can't play many games myself I do enjoy talking about them with others.

Woohoo a new PC! That's always exciting :). I hope it works better than your current one!

So do I!  It would be nice to be able to use it for more than half an hour without it crashing . . . :rolleyes:

What kind of specifications does the new PC have?

It's one of these, with one of these :smile:

• 3 weeks later...