• Announcements

• Hayley

Signing Up   11/06/2018

Signing Up is once again available. New members are very welcome
    • Hayley

March Supporter Giveaway   03/02/2019

So March has crept up on us and I'm thrilled to finally show you the GREAT (he he...) March giveaway!     This time we have a gorgeous print of The Great Gatsby's most famous line from thestorygift.co.uk AND a Great Gatsby tea from the Literary Tea Company! This particular tea is Peach Blossom (which sounds delicious and I kind of wish I could keep it myself...) and the tin features another Gatsby quote.  If you'd like to see the other literary teas available (there are lots, I spent ages looking) you can find them both at the Literary Tea Company's etsy store (https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/LiteraryTeaCompany) or at their own website, theliteraryteacompany.co.uk .   As always, supporters are automatically entered into the giveaway and if you're not a supporter but want to be included in this months giveaway you can become a supporter on patreon here... https://www.patreon.com/bookclubforum .   A winner will be chosen at random on the last day of the month. Good luck!  
Hayley

The Gaming Box

Me too @Athena! I think I want the grass type :D. I definitely think it will be the old fashioned way of catching pokemon, I think I remember them saying that they'd still release traditional games when they did the Let's Go games. I tried the demo of Let's Go Pikachu but it just didn't feel as fun.

I'm still playing Sun, I've finished the story but I like trying to collect all the pokemon!   

I'll be picking the water type (I almost always pick water). The grass type looks really cute too :). I hope so, that'd be great :D!

Have fun collecting all the Pokémon :)! I usually try to do that before I finish the story, like, I try to collect them as I go.

4 hours ago, Athena said:

I'll be picking the water type (I almost always pick water). The grass type looks really cute too :). I hope so, that'd be great :D!

Have fun collecting all the Pokémon :)! I usually try to do that before I finish the story, like, I try to collect them as I go.

I think that would actually have been the more sensible way to do it, since then you have more options for your team in the game, but I just missed loads. I think I’m still only on about 45% of the Pokédex! I like seeing what I can find in the worm holes too! 

The water type is particularly cute in the new trailer. Is there a reason you usually go for the water type? Is it for a tactical purpose or are they just your favourites usually?

1 hour ago, Hayley said:

I think that would actually have been the more sensible way to do it, since then you have more options for your team in the game, but I just missed loads. I think I’m still only on about 45% of the Pokédex! I like seeing what I can find in the worm holes too! 

Have fun :D! I didn't do a lot of the wormholes I'm afraid, the way to fly into them had me a bit confused so I only did a couple.

1 hour ago, Hayley said:

The water type is particularly cute in the new trailer. Is there a reason you usually go for the water type? Is it for a tactical purpose or are they just your favourites usually?

In Pokémon Crystal (my first Pokémon game) I picked Chikorita, and in every game since I've always picked the water starter. Blue is my favourite colour. Astrology says as a Scorpio water is my element, and I do feel like it is (though I don't actually go swimming much or anything) (well that and the earth, but not air or fire). I love water moves and you always needed a water Pokémon because of Surf (except in the more recent games) (I love Surf btw).