Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • Hayley

      Signing Up   11/06/2018

      Signing Up is once again available. New members are very welcome
    • Hayley

      May Supporter Giveaway   05/03/2019

      It's May! The height of spring and a truly beautiful time of year so, when I saw this beautiful book cover, I knew we had to have it for the giveaway! May's winner will also receive the very first, completely unique, BCF bookmark!     As always, supporters will be entered into the giveaway automatically and a winner will be chosen at random at the end of the month. If you want to enter the giveaway but aren't currently a supporter, you can become one at https://www.patreon.com/bookclubforum.
Hayley

The Gaming Box

Recommended Posts

Me too @Athena! I think I want the grass type :D. I definitely think it will be the old fashioned way of catching pokemon, I think I remember them saying that they'd still release traditional games when they did the Let's Go games. I tried the demo of Let's Go Pikachu but it just didn't feel as fun.

I'm still playing Sun, I've finished the story but I like trying to collect all the pokemon!   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll be picking the water type (I almost always pick water). The grass type looks really cute too :). I hope so, that'd be great :D!

Have fun collecting all the Pokémon :)! I usually try to do that before I finish the story, like, I try to collect them as I go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Athena said:

I'll be picking the water type (I almost always pick water). The grass type looks really cute too :). I hope so, that'd be great :D!

Have fun collecting all the Pokémon :)! I usually try to do that before I finish the story, like, I try to collect them as I go.

I think that would actually have been the more sensible way to do it, since then you have more options for your team in the game, but I just missed loads. I think I’m still only on about 45% of the Pokédex! I like seeing what I can find in the worm holes too! 

The water type is particularly cute in the new trailer. Is there a reason you usually go for the water type? Is it for a tactical purpose or are they just your favourites usually?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hayley said:

I think that would actually have been the more sensible way to do it, since then you have more options for your team in the game, but I just missed loads. I think I’m still only on about 45% of the Pokédex! I like seeing what I can find in the worm holes too! 

 

Have fun :D! I didn't do a lot of the wormholes I'm afraid, the way to fly into them had me a bit confused so I only did a couple.

 

1 hour ago, Hayley said:

The water type is particularly cute in the new trailer. Is there a reason you usually go for the water type? Is it for a tactical purpose or are they just your favourites usually?

 

In Pokémon Crystal (my first Pokémon game) I picked Chikorita, and in every game since I've always picked the water starter. Blue is my favourite colour. Astrology says as a Scorpio water is my element, and I do feel like it is (though I don't actually go swimming much or anything) (well that and the earth, but not air or fire). I love water moves and you always needed a water Pokémon because of Surf (except in the more recent games) (I love Surf btw).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/03/2019 at 10:24 PM, Hayley said:

 

It’s so addictive! I actually spent ages just gathering ingredients and cooking.

 

I was looking at Octopath Traveller but I wasn’t sure if it seemed worth the price. I think it has a demo now so I might give that a try. I think Mario Odyssey is on sale at the moment too so I’ll have a look at that :)  

 

Does anybody else like the Pokemon games? They’ve announced the next one (sword and shield) and I can’t wait to play it!

We got a pre-owned version of Octopath, which made it a bit cheaper. It's kinda like old school final fantasy. 

 

My son is playing Let's go Pikachu. I don't really understand it though. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't played much of anything recently but I did start Secret Files: Tunguska (on Nintendo switch) and the little I've played seems really promising!

 

Also, in case anyone is interested, Sims 4 is free on Origin this week :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Hayley said:

Also, in case anyone is interested, Sims 4 is free on Origin this week :) 

 

Thank you for that :D!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Hayley said:

I haven't played much of anything recently but I did start Secret Files: Tunguska (on Nintendo switch) and the little I've played seems really promising!

 

I've played Secret Files: Tunguska *many* times on PC, and it's such a great game!  I hope you enjoy it!  (There are two sequels, and they are equally as fun, I'd recommend them.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Athena said:

 

Thank you for that :D!

I'm glad it was useful :smile:

 

2 hours ago, Onion Budgie said:

 

I've played Secret Files: Tunguska *many* times on PC, and it's such a great game!  I hope you enjoy it!  (There are two sequels, and they are equally as fun, I'd recommend them.)

Ooooh there are sequels!? If it's good enough for you to have replayed it multiple times, I'll trust that it's going to stay good! 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×