The Gaming Box

Hayley

I've had my puzzle-head on.  Over the Christmas holidays I've replayed all three of The Room games (on PC), which are such fun.  A couple of days ago I downloaded the Azada puzzle series from Steam, and have been playing through those -- and they are wonderful too.  The first Azada is quite simple with puzzles only and no exploration, but the sequels are more adventurous.  Thoroughly enjoying them!

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've been playing a cute game, A Short Hike, which is available on Steam.  It's a little like Animal Crossing, with small quests and exploration, and funny conversations with animals.  Your character is a little bird whose eventual mission is to reach the top of Hawk Peak, but in order to do so you must collect a quantity of golden feathers which help you to climb and fly.  The graphics are retro, but it's such a sweet and simple game, and I've had fun with it.

20 minutes ago, Onion Budgie said:

I've been playing a cute game, A Short Hike, which is available on Steam.  It's a little like Animal Crossing, with small quests and exploration, and funny conversations with animals.  Your character is a little bird whose eventual mission is to reach the top of Hawk Peak, but in order to do so you must collect a quantity of golden feathers which help you to climb and fly.  The graphics are retro, but it's such a sweet and simple game, and I've had fun with it.

I quite like sweet and simple graphics, going to have a look at this one :). I'm very tempted by Animal Crossing on the Switch actually. I've heard really good things about it.

I've been playing Lego Harry Potter, which has been great because it's really light hearted and quite funny as well as having lots of puzzles and collectibles that aren't difficult enough to be really frustrating, but still make you think. 

15 hours ago, Onion Budgie said:

I'm adding it to my wishlist :)!

15 hours ago, Hayley said:

I've been playing Lego Harry Potter, which has been great because it's really light hearted and quite funny as well as having lots of puzzles and collectibles that aren't difficult enough to be really frustrating, but still make you think. 

I played it years ago and really liked it, but then got stuck not far into the game :lol:. My partner worked it out but then I lost interest.

I've been playing Final Fantasy XV and really enjoying it. I know the game has been out for a few years, and we've had it on our shelves for a while but it's only a few weeks ago that I felt in the mood for playing it. I'm liking it a lot :).

On 21/04/2020 at 6:06 AM, Athena said:

I played it years ago and really liked it, but then got stuck not far into the game :lol:. My partner worked it out but then I lost interest.

I've been playing Final Fantasy XV and really enjoying it. I know the game has been out for a few years, and we've had it on our shelves for a while but it's only a few weeks ago that I felt in the mood for playing it. I'm liking it a lot :).

Yeah, actually I take the 'not frustrating' part back because sometimes, if something goes a bit wrong, it gets really confusing!

I haven't played Final Fantasy XV but it did look good, I'm glad you're enjoying it! Do you think it's as good as the other Final Fantasy games you've played?

17 hours ago, Hayley said:

I haven't played Final Fantasy XV but it did look good, I'm glad you're enjoying it! Do you think it's as good as the other Final Fantasy games you've played?

Hmm, it's pretty different so a bit hard to compare! I have played X, X-2,XII, XIII (not finished it, yet anyway) and now XV (I have played VII years ago but I got stuck pretty early on). I play the battles on Wait Mode as I find Active Mode too tiring, and it's more like a Final Fantasy that way. So far there hasn't been lots of main story and I've mostly been doing side quests. I've heard that the second half of the game is more linear and has more story. I want to do the side quests first though before I reach the 'point of no return' kind of thing. The first part of the game is more openworld which I'm enjoying.

• 3 months later...

I've been playing a lot of games lately as its a relatively mindless way to pass an evening when I haven't the energy for much else.

I played Final Fantasy VII Remake (part 1 anyway), and it was really good. Modernized in terms of gameplay, completely overhauled in terms of graphics, but still true to the heart of the original game. Remake isn't really a good title, it's more of a reimagining.

I've also been playing Red Dead Redemption 2 (for the second time), Ark Survival Evolved (occasionally, kind of a dip in and out game), and the PS4 remake of a childhood favourite - Medievil. Its had a graphics overhaul too, and looks decent. The controls are as annoying as they ever were and it's still a fairly challenging game, as it was when it was released. Personally, I like that it retains the difficulty and fiddliness of the original game, as to take that away would make it a cake walk.