Hayley

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 2017-7-26 at 1:48 PM, Nollaig said:

Also had a go of a game called I Am Bread, in which you are a slice of bread flopping around rooms finding ways to become toast. It's bizzare and surprisingly tricky, but fun.

:lol: What the....? :lol: Sounds bonkers!

I'm back on Fallout 4, started it from scratch...love that game! 

It's good fun. You press up to four buttons corresponding with the four corners, and flip on the axis of those corners. Also, if you fall on the floor, you start becoming inedible bread, so that's how you can lose. Options for toasting yourself include light fixtures, the oven top, the fireplace etc. It's very funny :D

I finished Heavy Rain! I got a pretty bad ending. Having googled a bit, it's not the WORST ending, but it was pretty bad. I was disappointed, as I did really well up to near the end, but I accidentally made one character do the opposite of what I intended, and couldn't manage to do what I wanted with another.

MAJOR ending spoilers below, but for anyone who has played it you can see the ending I got.

Spoiler

The FBI agent, Jayden, quit his job. Madison died in the apartment fire. Lauren drowned in the car. And I let Scott (the killer) go free at the end rather than shooting him. The result was, when the cops found me with my kid, there was nobody there to back me up as not being the killer myself, and they shot me dead. So yeah. Saved my son only to die, and everyone else died too except the killer and a disillusioned addict. Yep.

7 hours ago, Nollaig said:

I finished Heavy Rain! I got a pretty bad ending. Having googled a bit, it's not the WORST ending, but it was pretty bad. I was disappointed, as I did really well up to near the end, but I accidentally made one character do the opposite of what I intended, and couldn't manage to do what I wanted with another.

MAJOR ending spoilers below, but for anyone who has played it you can see the ending I got.

Reveal hidden contents

The FBI agent, Jayden, quit his job. Madison died in the apartment fire. Lauren drowned in the car. And I let Scott (the killer) go free at the end rather than shooting him. The result was, when the cops found me with my kid, there was nobody there to back me up as not being the killer myself, and they shot me dead. So yeah. Saved my son only to die, and everyone else died too except the killer and a disillusioned addict. Yep.

Oh Jeez. :D  That is a bad ending. I hope you have some earlier save points where you can retry from. ;) I think I got a semi good ending, but not the best.

14 hours ago, Nollaig said:

@More reading time required It saves automatically! But I'm hoping I can replay from a chapter near the end and get a better ending that way. :giggle:

I hope you can do that!

I bought Heavy Rain some time ago because it sounded like an interesting game, but unfortunately someone spoiled the game for me by giving away a massive plot twist. So I haven't played it yet. Maybe some day.

I've been playing World of Final Fantasy, the game is not without its problems but I am enjoying it :). My boyfriend is playing it too but he's going through it much faster than me. Yesterday We had been playing for almost the same time (in total, the game keeps a counter) yet he is much ahead of me (in the story). It's interesting how people can have different play styles :).

• 2 weeks later...

Last week I had a craving to try out Skyrim on PS3 (which I'd had for a while, but hadn't had time to start).

Anyway, I started it and loved it! I'd tried Witcher 3 several months ago but didn't get on with the control system but Skyrim was much easier to navigate around in. I will probably give Witcher 3 another go at some point though.

• 2 weeks later...

Since Life Is Strange I've been playing Alan Wake and Oceanhorn.

Alan Wake is good, although I'm on the third of five episodes and the game seems primarily comprised of running around forests blowing away ghosts. It's fun, but a bit - wait for it - insubstantial - so far. See what I did there? Ghosts? Insubstantial? Sorry.

Oceanhorn on the other hand, while it has no story, has very fun Zelda-esque gameplay. I think it was originally designed as a mobile/handheld downloadable game, but I got a PS4 copy from a company called Limited Run who release limited numbers of hardcopies of games. It's a very addictive game.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Wow, I can't believe it's 6 months since I was playing Oceanhorn and Alan Wake. I don't think I'll go back to Alan Wake. I'm at the final boss in Oceanhorn, so really just need to do that to finish it. I'm also near the end of Final Fantasy 3 on the Snes Mini.

I'm mainly focusing on Bloodborne at the moment, a really tough action game from the Dark Souls series of games (apparently, never played any others). It is challenging, so much so that my partner (also playing it at the moment) nearly gave up a couple of times, but I'd say we're both about two thirds of the way into the game now. Really fun. My two biggest criticisms would be the targeting isn't the best, and the story is only told through load-screen item descriptions, and actual item descriptions, along with a few cutscenes. The onus is really on the player to figure it out, and as we didn't realise that, we got halfway through the game thinking there was zero story at all. In actuality, there's so much that I spent hours reading through all the lore. I just don't like the director's decision not to make that lore overt in the game.

• 8 months later...

I've just finished playing The Room Three, which is a room escape/puzzle game available on Steam for PC.  I've played all three games in the series so far, and this is the best one -- although they're all pretty fantastic.  The graphics are simply superb.  These are and will be games that I'll return to over and over, because they're so much FUN!  Highly recommended, if you enjoy puzzles.

On ‎20‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 8:27 PM, bobblybear said:

I've been a bit hooked on Stardew Valley, which is basically a Harvest Moon rip off. And in a couple of days Animal Crossing is coming out on mobile phone, so I will be busy with that. :lol:

I got really addicted to Stardew Valley a couple of months ago, I didn't even expect to like it that much, a friend who loves Harvest Moon recommended it! Is the Animal Crossing game 'Pocket Camp?' Because I love that too! It has the same addictive, yet relaxing to play, quality. 

I'm a bit horrified by Fallout 76, I have to admit. I was really excited when they announced it (but, like you, not keen on the only online aspect) but the reviews that came from the beta really put me off. I really hope you love it and say the reviews were all wrong, because I've always enjoyed Fallout games and I so wanted this one to be good too! What platform will you be playing it on?

@Nollaig I thought Alan Wake was terrifying, I wouldn't even play it by myself :hide: . That is a really strange feature in Bloodborne isn't it? I actually like reading everything when I play a game but I don't think you should have to work that hard to find out what the story is!

• 3 weeks later...

I've been playing a bit of Fallout 76 but it doesn't grab me like the others in the series. I'll play maybe once a week, if that. :rolleyes: The whole online aspect really puts me off, and you just hear about some players just setting out to ruin other players' experiences. :rolleyes: Very annoying! :dry:

Yes, the Animal Crossing game is Pocket Camp. I hardly ever play anymore as it's very repetitive. I might log on once every couple of weeks. I haven't played Stardew Valley in ages either! :unsure: I just find myself preferring to read these days, than play a game. 

My boyfriend plays Fallout 76 sometimes, I think his biggest issue was that the stash and carrying limits are not very high. I don't think he has encountered many unfriendly players, yet. There were a few bugs, yesterday his character died because he was being attacked by invisible enemies.

I've been playing Fallout Shelter, which I'm enjoying (making a bit of progress each day). And I've been playing Dragon Quest XI sometimes, which is also very enjoyable.

• 4 weeks later...

I recently picked up Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate for Nintendo Switch. This is my first Monster Hunter game and clearly, I have no idea how things work. There's minimal tutorial available and I have to binge youtube tutorials to know the basics and essentials. I'm starting to like it more though because of the steep learning curve. 

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 10:27 AM, Athena said:

My boyfriend plays Fallout 76 sometimes, I think his biggest issue was that the stash and carrying limits are not very high. I don't think he has encountered many unfriendly players, yet. There were a few bugs, yesterday his character died because he was being attacked by invisible enemies.

I've been playing Fallout Shelter, which I'm enjoying (making a bit of progress each day). And I've been playing Dragon Quest XI sometimes, which is also very enjoyable.

Low carrying limit would definitely be an issue for me. I tend to want to pick up everything in games. I get a lot of 'you are overburdened and cannot run' type messages:giggle2:. I thought Fallout Shelter was good too, but I just got out of the habit of playing it I think. 

On ‎03‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 5:20 AM, antiteasis said:

I recently picked up Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate for Nintendo Switch. This is my first Monster Hunter game and clearly, I have no idea how things work. There's minimal tutorial available and I have to binge youtube tutorials to know the basics and essentials. I'm starting to like it more though because of the steep learning curve. 

I've never played a Monster Hunter game either but I have been looking for some different games to play on Nintendo Switch. It doesn't sound great that they've made it so difficult to understand the basics, but maybe that doesn't matter so much if the game turns out to be worth it. 

Some of the sales on the Switch are really good at the moment. I got Grim Fandango remastered and have been playing that recently. It is difficult but it's very good, the story and characters are great. I think it might be the only point-and-click I've ever played where you can't combine items in your inventory though. It's quite strange, I keep trying to do it anyway!

• 3 weeks later...

Not a game based on book, but one about books themselves. And magic, all I like.

It was called Magic Encyclopedia and told a story full of magic and magical books. Player had to find pieces of things in different locations, collect them to have the objects made and use them to find other pieces. So that was a finding -and-collecting game as I call them. I liked it because of bright arts and interesting plot. And that was one of my first games.

On ‎25‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 8:01 AM, i_neeed_your_plot said:

Not a game based on book, but one about books themselves. And magic, all I like.

It was called Magic Encyclopedia and told a story full of magic and magical books. Player had to find pieces of things in different locations, collect them to have the objects made and use them to find other pieces. So that was a finding -and-collecting game as I call them. I liked it because of bright arts and interesting plot. And that was one of my first games.

A game about books and magic, with a good plot and nice art, sounds great! I'm going to have a look for this :)

• 1 month later...
20 minutes ago, More reading time required said:

We got a Switch at Christmas and now I'm a bit addicted to Zelda! :ph34r:

It’s so addictive! I actually spent ages just gathering ingredients and cooking.

24 minutes ago, More reading time required said:

Octopath traveller & Mario odyssey are also really good too.

I was looking at Octopath Traveller but I wasn’t sure if it seemed worth the price. I think it has a demo now so I might give that a try. I think Mario Odyssey is on sale at the moment too so I’ll have a look at that :)  

Does anybody else like the Pokemon games? They’ve announced the next one (sword and shield) and I can’t wait to play it!

On 3/11/2019 at 11:24 PM, Hayley said:

Does anybody else like the Pokemon games? They’ve announced the next one (sword and shield) and I can’t wait to play it!

I'm quite excited about the upcoming one(s) too :D! I liked the look of the starters, I look forward to finding out a bit more. Mostly I'm hoping we'll be able to catch/fight Pokémon the old-fashioned way again by battling them in the wild with our own Pokémon party instead of the Pokémon Go throwing with PokéBalls. I liked Let's Go, Pikachu! but I prefer the old way of catching Pokémon and battling them in the wild (ie. how it was in Sun and Moon, X and Y, and earlier games etc).