Hayley

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Has anyone tried out Pokémon Go? I'm addicted and it's definitely getting me out and about walking more than usual which is no bad thing! :lol:

I would try it out, but my phone isn't good enough. But I am interested in the game, apparently it's very popular in many countries. I'm glad you're enjoying it :). Have you caught many?

• 3 weeks later...

Over the past few years, especially since joining this site and reading a lot more, I hadn't been playing as many games as I used to but, since XCOM 2 earlier in the year I've become addicted again, first to that, then to various others such as Stellaris, Crusader Kings II, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Invisible Inc, Galactic Civilizations III.

I'm currently addicted to Amplitude's 'Endless' series, which stands at three games so far: Endless Space, Dungeon of the Endless, and Endless Legend.  All three are brilliant games.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I played a bit of Fallout 4 last weekend, after not having turned the PS4 on since October. :thud: It was good to play it again and I've made a lot of progress on the main quest.

Gaia, I've played some Harvest Moon games. They are very addictive, but after a little while I find they get too repetitive.

Gaia, I've played some Harvest Moon games. They are very addictive, but after a little while I find they get too repetitive.

I can totally imagine that. I've not played Stardew Valley in some time, though I do plan on going back to it eventually. I've been playing Pokémon Moon instead (I forgot about this thread to be honest!).

Have fun with Fallout 4 :). My boyfriend liked it if I remember correctly.

After finally feeling headache free on Saturday, I managed to start playing one of my Christmas presents - Uncharted 4. I'm already sucked into it, though I doubt I'll be able to get through it as quickly as I would have done in the past. Gaming opportunities are few and far between these days unless my husband is out of an evening, or if we give each other a night to take over the telly ;)

After finally feeling headache free on Saturday, I managed to start playing one of my Christmas presents - Uncharted 4. I'm already sucked into it, though I doubt I'll be able to get through it as quickly as I would have done in the past. Gaming opportunities are few and far between these days unless my husband is out of an evening, or if we give each other a night to take over the telly ;)

:D   I finally got a PS4 for Christmas and I just finished Uncharted 4 about ten days ago.  You're in for a treat - the story, the action, the characters, the superb voice acting - I thought it was marvellous.

Not as marvellous as The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, though.  I held off getting it for ages and ages cos I didn't like the second game very much, then finally succumbed and bought it in the Black Friday sale on Steam.  I'm around 120 hours into it now and I haven't finished the main quest, let alone started the expansions, and yet I haven't been bored for one moment.  It's the best game I've ever played.

:D   I finally got a PS4 for Christmas and I just finished Uncharted 4 about ten days ago.  You're in for a treat - the story, the action, the characters, the superb voice acting - I thought it was marvellous.

Not as marvellous as The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, though.  I held off getting it for ages and ages cos I didn't like the second game very much, then finally succumbed and bought it in the Black Friday sale on Steam.  I'm around 120 hours into it now and I haven't finished the main quest, let alone started the expansions, and yet I haven't been bored for one moment.  It's the best game I've ever played.

Yep, I'm really enjoying Uncharted 4 at the mo. It's been a long time since I've had such a desire to get back on the PS4 of an evening. Probably because I was previously working my way through Watch Dogs trying to finish it, and that seems relentlessly long and repetitive (and annoying at times).

The Witcher 3 I was unsure about, even though it's had such brilliant reviews. I played it for a bit a few months back whilst trying to decide what to play next and I thought the controls were rather clumsy. It could be because I'm more used to the GTA/Assassin's Creed style of play and this is more RPGey rather than action (not that I have a problem with RPGs, they are amongst my fave games of all time - Final Fantasy, Shining Force etc). Anyway, I did a few missions on Witcher 3, but I wasn't "getting it" so I put it aside to finish Watch Dogs. Though Uncharted 4 has now leapt to the top of the queue. ;)

The Witcher 3 I was unsure about, even though it's had such brilliant reviews. I played it for a bit a few months back whilst trying to decide what to play next and I thought the controls were rather clumsy. It could be because I'm more used to the GTA/Assassin's Creed style of play and this is more RPGey rather than action (not that I have a problem with RPGs, they are amongst my fave games of all time - Final Fantasy, Shining Force etc). Anyway, I did a few missions on Witcher 3, but I wasn't "getting it" so I put it aside to finish Watch Dogs. Though Uncharted 4 has now leapt to the top of the queue. ;)

I think the controls can take a bit of getting used to, yeah - although I've not played it with a PS4 controller (I'm on pc with a 360 controller).  For me, it wasn't until I got past the prologue in White Orchard (which takes about 10 hours, probably) that the game really came alive.  Of course, you may not have the time to spare! :D   Once I finished that area and moved on to Velen the game blossomed and opened out into this huge, incredible experience, where even the secondary quests had more thought put into them than some games have in their main stories.  If you get to Velen and meet The Bloody Baron you'll get an idea what I mean in that regard.  It's not flawless by any means, but it does so much, and does it better than any other open world RPG I've played, and the characters and story are just so involving.  Love it.  Although I've really stuffed up poor Geralt's love life :giggle2:

I finished the base game of The Witcher 3 on Friday.  Out of the multiple endings the one I got was so bittersweet  :wibbly:   After 140 hours in the game I've been feeling strangely bereft ever since, and that's even with knowing I've still got the two expansions to play :lol:   

Love the combination of visuals and the song in this trailer:

• 1 month later...

I finished Pokémon Moon a few days ago, it was pretty fun.

Today is the launch of the Nintendo Switch! My boyfriend bought himself one and is currently playing The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. I realise this bit isn't about my gaming, but anyone else interested in the Nintendo Switch?

Today is the launch of the Nintendo Switch! My boyfriend bought himself one and is currently playing The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. I realise this bit isn't about my gaming, but anyone else interested in the Nintendo Switch?

I'm kind of interested, but I don't have the time and energy to play videogames that I used to have. I haven't finished the games I have for the PS4 yet. I bought The Last Guardian last week and I'm really enjoying it.

The most up to date I am with Nintendo is their DS Lite.  :lol:  I'm a fossil.

I've been all about PC gaming lately, replaying some old point & click adventures: Secret Files: Tunguska, and its sequel, Puritas Cordis.  The voice acting is tragic, but the puzzles are great, and the graphics are pretty good for games that are over 10 yrs old.

My PS3 bit the dust months ago, and I'm sad about that, as it means I can't play Journey anymore.  :(  Repairing it would be expensive, and I can't really afford to upgrade to a PS4 right now, so I'm stuck.  I miss gambolling around the sands and meeting up with other players!

I'm kind of interested, but I don't have the time and energy to play videogames that I used to have. I haven't finished the games I have for the PS4 yet. I bought The Last Guardian last week and I'm really enjoying it.

I've heard mixed reviews of the game, I hope you enjoy the whole thing :)

My PS3 bit the dust months ago, and I'm sad about that, as it means I can't play Journey anymore.   :(  Repairing it would be expensive, and I can't really afford to upgrade to a PS4 right now, so I'm stuck.  I miss gambolling around the sands and meeting up with other players!

I'm sorry to hear about your PS3 :(.

Since last post I've (finally) played and finished The Last of Us, which I loved - the writing and characters were soooo good.  I still haven't quite recovered from how it ended.

And now I may be slightly obsessed with Horizon Zero Dawn.

Since last post I've (finally) played and finished The Last of Us, which I loved - the writing and characters were soooo good.  I still haven't quite recovered from how it ended.

Another game I'm partway through on the PS3. I'll finish it eventually! :D

I played it for a bit in a store this afternoon and, although I didn't know the controls or the mechanics, I enjoyed it. I picked up from this snowy and wuthering area and escaped to greener fields, where there were some cabins. I couldn't interact with them, but I peeked through a door. Then I climbed a nearby waterfall and didn't feel like coming back down.

• 1 month later...

I've finally finished the main quest of Fallout 4. I want to replay it, but siding with a different faction....but I think I will leave it for a while.

I'm now playing The Last Of Us (Remastered). I've played it on the PS3, but it's so good that I'm still enjoying it this time around. I've also bought Horizon Zero Dawn, which should be arriving in the post on Thursday. :D

• 3 months later...

I picked up Uncharted 4 again on Friday night for the first time in months. Turns out I was only about 3 missions from finishing it, so finish it I did. :)  T'was pretty good. 

Not sure what is next on my list. I have Watch Dogs to finish on PS4 and several PS3 games to finish, but also non started PS4 games such as Assassin's Creed Unity, Batman Arkham Knight & Witcher 3. Hmm... :unsure:

Edited by More reading time required

@bobblybear OH is waiting to get that from one of the lads at work. I have the original one at home, but he wants to play the remastered one. I haven't played either version of it, must do that.

I started Heavy Rain, but got distracted. OH is out this Sat night so might play it then. Also had a go of a game called I Am Bread, in which you are a slice of bread flopping around rooms finding ways to become toast. It's bizzare and surprisingly tricky, but fun.

Also thinking of buying Oceanhorn, a little action role-playing game being hailed as a 'love letter' to Zelda (which I love.)

@Raven It is. My brother used to play it. It can be a very time-consuming game because there's so much you can do in it. My brother says that some people just go into selling/trading and most of their time is spent in Excel spreadsheets tracking their business.