The Gaming Box

Hayley

I only just worked out you can put a collar on your dog! :giggle2: I love that there's so much to explore and make though! I do love collecting things in games and Fallout 4 is like collecting paradise :D

Yeah, I didn't know that until recently. You can dress any of your companions how you like. I love the exploring side of it as well. I make a point of never fast-travelling (aside from dropping off my junk at the workshop), so I get to see so many things. I've got so many quests open on my list that I find it a bit overwhelming. :D  I'm still not the best at looking after settlements though. :doh:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I finished the two games I have for the 3DS. Shovel Knight, developed by Yacht Club Games, is a very good 2D indie platformer. It took me fourteen hours to play the main story, but as I am a bit noob it should have taken me less time. I still didn't play the bonus add-on, it has a different character with different weapons and powers. The big game was Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, developed by Monolith Soft for the Wii and ported to the 3DS by Monster Games. It has been a while since I had a big RPG and this single one was finished in ninety hours, ignoring side quests and just following the main story (granted, I grinded for about five hours before a difficult boss near the end).

Edited by woolf woolf

I finally managed to figure out what was wrong with my Battle.net program (why it wasn't connecting), so now I can continue playing Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm. We have just bought Starcraft II: Legacy of the Void, the third game in the series, which I plan to play after I finish HotS. I haven't yet played, but I'm excited :exc:.

I've played World of Goo and liked it, but I hardly play videogames nowadays because I'm too tired for it. I'm glad you're enjoying the new game though! I hadn't heard of it (I wouldn't have really, since I no longer follow gaming news).

I'm still playing Fallout 4. I've been time-pressured lately (work and studies), but still have managed to play over 110 hours so far. :thud: I haven't even finished the main storyline, and I must have about 15 active quests. This game is HUGE!

• 2 weeks later...

Back to playing a few oldies right now.  I'm enjoying Faery: Legends of Avalon on the PS3, which is an RPG with turn-based battle.  On the PC I'm having fun with Restaurant Empire, which is a tycoon style game.  Furnish and staff a restaurant, build up your menu, and complete a set of challenges and competitions.  It's addictive!  I love checking out all the different recipes.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone else played Firewatch, by Campo Santo? I bought it on release through the PS Store about three days ago, and it has grown on me ever since I finished it. It's not perfect, but it felt refreshing and pleasant, and I want more games like this. There's a nice and brief no-spoilers article published by The Atlantic.

I've watched a couple of playthroughs of the full game by different YouTubers, and I really enjoyed them.  

Both the isolation and the exploring in Firewatch reminded me of the game Miasmata, which has an entirely different storyline, with a survival element, but it's an extremely beautiful adventure.  You might like it too?  :)

Has anyone else played Firewatch, by Campo Santo? I bought it on release through the PS Store about three days ago, and it has grown on me ever since I finished it. It's not perfect, but it felt refreshing and pleasant, and I want more games like this. There's a nice and brief no-spoilers article published by The Atlantic.

Firewatch sounds interesting but do you actually do anything other than walk through the story and choose dialogue options? Like puzzles or crafting? I played Dear Ester with a friend and was a little disappointed that there wasn't more to the game. In fact, I would call it more of an interactive story than a game. I probably would have enjoyed it more if I hadn't constantly been expecting to have to do something, only to find that I had reached the end  :giggle2:

Miasmata is good but I found it quite freaky  :hide:  I never got round to finishing it either, I really should!

I've been playing Night of the Rabbit recently. I got it in a Humble Bundle a while ago and thought it looked pretty. It's also by Daedalic Entertainment, the company that developed the 'Deponia' games which I loved. So far it's really good  :smile:

Firewatch sounds interesting but do you actually do anything other than walk through the story and choose dialogue options?

It's pretty much that, in practical terms. There's no gameplay, no action sequences with enemies and no puzzles. The choices also only affect dialogue options, I think. But the setting is very good, and you can turn off the player's position in the map if you wish to get lost (you still have the map, the compass and trails with indications).

Edited by woolf woolf

• 3 weeks later...

So sad to hear about the closure of Lionhead studios. Fable was one of the first games I played on xbox and I loved all of them, they were always so pretty and unique.

There is a petition to keep them open, which I'll link in case anyone wants to sign, but I don't have much hope it will change Microsoft's minds. 

https://www.change.org/p/microsoft-studios-don-t-close-lionhead-studios

I know, and my boyfriend said pretty much the same thing when I ranted to him about too  :giggle2:  but I'm still sad! I just want Lionhead to make single player Fable games with beautiful artwork and demon doors and chicken-kicking forever. 

I would also really like to see more encouragement for the UK games industry too, which makes losing that studio sad as well. I know we have Rare making a great comeback recently and that's brilliant, but the closure of Lionhead is still a big loss to employment in the industry here. 

On a more positive note I've just discovered there's a new Deponia game! I thought 'Goodbye Deponia' was going to be the last one, but now we have Deponia Doomsday (which I had no idea was coming out!) so I'm happy about that  :D

I was also sorry to hear of the closure of Lionhead.

On a more positive note I've just discovered there's a new Deponia game! I thought 'Goodbye Deponia' was going to be the last one, but now we have Deponia Doomsday (which I had no idea was coming out!) so I'm happy about that  :D

:o I didn't know this, thanks :)!

I've played bits of Final Fantasy XV: Episode Duscae (a demo) and I've started playing Final Fantasy Type-0 HD. I've never played the original and so far the game is nice though a bit confusing at times.

• 2 months later...

I'm still madly into Fallout 4. I've also been playing some little android games on my phone which is always fun. :lol:

Today I bought The Last of Us - Remastered for the PS4. I've played it on PS3 and loved it, so hopefully it will be worth it.

I watched my boyfriend play some of The Stanley Parable yesterday (there was a sale on Steam recently so we bought it). What a great game! I think I'll play it for myself some time.

The Stanley Parable is superb, you guys should also check out "The Beginner's Guide" by the same maker. Excellent stuff. 

• 2 weeks later...

After not playing the game for 5 years, I decided a week ago to try to play Dragonquest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies again. I've been playing it a bit the past week, and I'm enjoying it for the most part. I got stuck in a dungeon and couldn't remember where I came from, so I stopped playing it 5 years ago (according to my save file, it was in 2011). But I've got unstuck now and managed to finish the game (albeit not without hiccups). I'm just now doing a bit of post-game stuff.

A new point & click adventure game released on 10th June:  Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter.

I have a special interest in it, as I was on the development team.  ;)

I'd recommend it if you enjoy twisty plots and are curious to see a younger interpretation of Holmes and Watson than was explored in the previous games.

There are action elements too, though, which I know aren't to everyone's taste.   :P

Personally, I'm enjoying watching the playthroughs on YouTube, and seeing gamers' reactions.   :D