The Gaming Box

Hayley

Here's a photo of our book case with most of our physical console games. My boyfriend has some older ones, but they are in the attic. I also have some PC games and handheld games in the attic.

20140820_092633_0.25.jpg

Edited by Athena

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have that same yoshi stuffed toy hehe.

I got a mention from the rebellion developers (who made sniper elite 3) - I framed my pc special signed edition and showed it to them via fb :D

I'd sprayed the backgrounds myself, pretty proud in how they turned out. i have done this to most of my frames in my gaming room.

http://s744.photobucket.com/user/PSIress/library/sniper%20elite%203%20pc?sort=3&page=1

• 2 months later...

Been playing Alien: Isolation.  In terms of evoking the atmosphere of the first movie it's just about perfect.  And it's bloody scary :hide:  :lol:

I think this video pretty much sums it up (there's some swearing - most of it bleeped out :giggle2: ).

• 2 months later...

So recently I've been playing Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, which is enjoyable. It has some pacing issues but I am liking that the developer added some new features from the previous games made. It's a game I can play even when I'm a bit tired.

I also play a mission of StarCraft 2: Heart of the Swarm now and then and am making progress in it. It's enjoyable too.

I had to stop playing Pokemon games when they moved off the DS Lite :(

Does anyone on here ever play Hearthstone? I started playing it a few months ago and while I suck quite spectacularly at it, it's great fun.

I had to stop playing Pokemon games when they moved off the DS Lite :(

Does anyone on here ever play Hearthstone? I started playing it a few months ago and while I suck quite spectacularly at it, it's great fun.

Yup. Not played that much since the expansion came out but its a great fun little game. I think my tag is Melodious85 on there.

I don't play much games these days but this I play frequently:

http://www.cardhunter.com/

Edited by Melodious

Currently enjoying Elite Dangerous. Trying hard not to get addicted to it the way I got addicted to Frontier: Elite 2 about 20 years ago.  It was touch and go over the Christmas hols but I think I've managed it :wacko:

• 3 weeks later...

After not playing it for about two years me and a friend were playing some XCOM online, so I decided to go back and finally finish the XCOM: Enemy Unknown campaign, which I did, and have now started XCOM: Enemy Within.  They could never replace the original two X-COM games in my affections (especially Terror from the Deep), but they are as good an update as I could have hoped for.

After not playing it for about two years me and a friend were playing some XCOM online, so I decided to go back and finally finish the XCOM: Enemy Unknown campaign, which I did, and have now started XCOM: Enemy Within.  They could never replace the original two X-COM games in my affections (especially Terror from the Deep), but they are as good an update as I could have hoped for.

I just finished a game of XCOM: Enemy Within last night. Great game. Terror from the Deep was first and favourite XCOM game (except when you spent an hour trying to find one more alien who was hiding in the corner).

I can't decide if I want one of these, or as I'm old enough to remember the original that I should take that as a sign that I'm too old to buy the remodelled one! :lol:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-30810148

I've got two original 48K Spectrums and a Spectrum + in a cupboard somewhere (plus a stack of tapes).  Problem is, I have no tape recorder to load the games with . . .

I just finished a game of XCOM: Enemy Within last night. Great game. Terror from the Deep was first and favourite XCOM game (except when you spent an hour trying to find one more alien who was hiding in the corner).

*sighs*  Ahhh, those were the days :D

I was planning to really get stuck in to XCOM: Enemy Within this afternoon, but then I - typically - got side-tracked by (and suddenly addicted to) Shadowrun Dragonfall (Director's Cut).  Similar turn-based combat to XCOM but surrounded by a full-blown RPG.  It's rather good so far :smile:

• 4 weeks later...

So I finished both Shadowrun games and was planning on going back to play XCOM: Enemy Within again when I saw that Xenonauts was on sale on Steam.  I'd seen about it when it was in its Kickstarter phase and held off (the new XCOM seemed enough at the time), but it was hard to pass by for £9.  So I bought it, and it is everything it promised to be, which is to be more like the original X-COM (hyphenated!) games, i.e. UFO Enemy Unknown and X-COM Terror from the Deep.  And I'm addicted, completely.  I lost most of the past two evenings and this afternoon to it.  No flashy graphics or anything, just pure old school X-COM.  It seems to be stopping me doing anything else, though  :doh:   :lol:

I may have to check out Xenonauts. I remember hearing about it a long time ago but I'm not sure if my laptop will run it. 

I've been enjoying an oldie - Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 :D

I'm glad you two are having fun with your games :). I've not played RCT 2 I believe, but I played the first one quite a bit.

I've been playing Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, and Borderlands together with my boyfriend (only now and then though as it's quite tiring).

I may have to check out Xenonauts. I remember hearing about it a long time ago but I'm not sure if my laptop will run it. 

I shouldn't imagine a laptop bought within the last five years or so would break a sweat with it - it's not graphics intensive at all (you can see the game running here).  It's also very mod-able.  I noticed that mine comes with community mods pre-installed, including a huge map pack.  I've yet to see the same map twice  :smile:

The minimum specs are:

Minimum system requirements - Windows: Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8,, 2.0 GHz Processor, 1 GB RAM (2 GB recommended), 3D graphics card with 512 MB RAM with DirectX 9.0c support, 3 GB HDD, Mouse, Keyboard. Compatibility notice: Xenonauts requires a minimum resolution of 1280 x 720.

Alternatively there's this  :D

Also, if you play XCOM: Enemy Within on pc, this sounds very intriguing.

It's also very mod-able.  I noticed that mine comes with community mods pre-installed, including a huge map pack.  I've yet to see the same map twice  :smile:

I like the sound of this, more games should be mod-able!.

• 3 weeks later...

Finished Xenonauts the other day.  Loved it, loved it, loved it! :D

Made a start on Wasteland 2, which I was enjoying, but it's had to go on the backburner because I bought this yesterday: 

Bye bye life :giggle2:

It's stunning!  Basically, it's a love letter to games such as Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale and Planescape Torment.  Don't think I could possibly do it justice in just a few words, easiest just to point to a couple of video reviews . . .

one for people who haven't played those other games:

and one for those who have:

I watched the interview for those who haven't played those games (I haven't, though I do own some on GoG), Pillars of Eternity sounds really good! It looks great too and I liked the music (though I personally usually have the sound off during video games in the past few years).

• 2 months later...

The official trailer for Fallout 4 has been released. :boogie: I am sooooo excited about this. No word on release date, but we should find out in a couple of weeks. :boogie:

Edited by bobblybear