The Gaming Box

Hayley

What's the new Sim City like, or haven't you had a chance to play it yet?

I haven't had a chance just yet. My boyfriends tv died on tuesday, and he has pinched my pc monitor ever since for his gaming :giggle2:.

I should have it back next week, once he gets a new one. I've got as far as installing it.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's £90 over here for the PC version, £110 for the Xbox and PS3 :o  

I'll look up my Steam username later on.  I think I know what it is but I'd better double check :giggle2:

I actually buy a lot of my games from the UK and New Zealand! :giggle2:. We have had enquiries into the prices of software and games in Australia recently, and the excuses from the providers are sickening. We are pretty much sure they like to charge us more just because they can. Even digital items cost more here. One piece of software that costs $1500 in the US, costs over $3000 here - just for a digital download.

I actually buy a lot of my games from the UK and New Zealand! :giggle2:. We have had enquiries into the prices of software and games in Australia recently, and the excuses from the providers are sickening. We are pretty much sure they like to charge us more just because they can. Even digital items cost more here. One piece of software that costs $1500 in the US, costs over $3000 here - just for a digital download.

Mmm, we get totally ripped off on everything:motz:

Played about 90 minutes to 2 hours-worth of BioShock Infinite last night.  Gameplay-wise it's very similar to the original game,as you would expect, but I have yet to meet Elizabeth - I am guessing this is where it will start to feel different. 

Graphically it is amazing.  I spent a good deal of time just sightseeing :lol:  It's very colourful and bright, where the original game was dark. Happily, I can run it on the highest, so-called 'ultra' settings and my pc was fine with it.  I heard the fans rev up on the graphics card when I ran the benchmark software but didn't notice it at all in-game.  Glad I went for the pc version, as the review I read said they'd had to use low-res textures to get it to run on the consoles.  I did, though, use a 360 controller to play last night, although I may switch back to mouse and keyboard once the number of skills increases (you can only switch between two with the controller, unless you open up an in-game menu, but with the keyboard you have instant access to all of them).  The sound is fantastic, too.

Combat is fast and furious, slipping back into the combination of weapons and plasmids (or Vigors as they're now called).  The Skyhook is a fun addition.  I did notice a bit of motion sickness setting in towards the end of my session, so I'll have to play it in short bursts, so it'll probably take me a while to get through it - not that I'm complaining! :D

• 1 month later...

So.....who's addicted to Candy Crush Saga?  I am. :hide:

I haven't had much time to play games (aside from quick Facebook ones) lately, but a new version of Animal Crossing is coming out for the 3DS. I'm considering getting one as I loved the Animal Crossing: Wild World. Anyone else looking forward to this one? :boogie:

Several of my family members are! I haven't tried it yet to be honest.

I haven't played any games lately, though I did buy a Dutch puzzle game (not sure if it can be really called a game or not). The past year I've been buying not that many games, I haven't actually played many that I bought the year before and generally I find I don't have enough energy for it really (so I'm saving my money and maybe buying more books instead XD). Maybe I'll play more games once I'm graduated.

I've never played any Animal Crossing but it sounds interesting. Not sure how I would fare with the open-ended gameplay.

I haven't had much time to play games (aside from quick Facebook ones) lately, but a new version of Animal Crossing is coming out for the 3DS. I'm considering getting one as I loved the Animal Crossing: Wild World. Anyone else looking forward to this one? :boogie:

I can't get past level 65!  It's driving me mad!!!!

OMG! Was so addicted to Wild World. I decided last week that I would save £15 (out of my £40 pocket money) towards the Animal Crossing 3DS bundle! I honestly cannot wait. Hopefully by the time I get my student finance there will only be like £80-£100 left to pay so I can splurge on it! :D

Boyfriend got back from going to Scotland on Monday and brought home the new Tomb Raider! Been playing that since and I love the game. I find it annoying though when it has those scenarios where you're struggling against someone, or something, and you have to press a specific button at precisely the right moment in order to get away and on Tomb Raider they literally reveal the button a mere second before you're meant to press it so I always end up dying so that I can remember the button and just keep tapping away. XD

Yay - a fellow Animal Crossing fan! :boogie: I have to admit that I haven't played Wild World in a long time (over a year or so), but when I did play it, I was on there every day. I loved the change of seasons because you would get new insects and fish, and also the special days. So awesome! :boogie: I'm definitely looking forward to New Leaf. I'm thinking of getting the 3DS bundle as well (I love the pattern on the 3DS) but apparently you don't get an actual cartridge of the game - it's pre-installed. I read somewhere that it's a problem because you may run out of space or something?? Also, what if the 3DS crashes and if your game isn't saved to a cartridge, you lose it all. :thud: So, I'm still undecided about the bundle or getting it as a single. Either way, I can't wait till it comes out. :boogie:

Yay - a fellow Animal Crossing fan! :boogie: I have to admit that I haven't played Wild World in a long time (over a year or so), but when I did play it, I was on there every day. I loved the change of seasons because you would get new insects and fish, and also the special days. So awesome! :boogie: I'm definitely looking forward to New Leaf. I'm thinking of getting the 3DS bundle as well (I love the pattern on the 3DS) but apparently you don't get an actual cartridge of the game - it's pre-installed. I read somewhere that it's a problem because you may run out of space or something?? Also, what if the 3DS crashes and if your game isn't saved to a cartridge, you lose it all. :thud: So, I'm still undecided about the bundle or getting it as a single. Either way, I can't wait till it comes out. :boogie:

I haven't played Wild World in awhile either. When I heard of New Leaf I stole my cousins game but I just can't get back into it. I had the Wii version as well and that was a lot better than Wild World in terms of graphics etc.  Oh, that doesn't sound too bad having it pre-instaled but the points you made are a bit of a problem. And same, I love the design of the bundled 3DS! It's polka dots :P They must have internal memory for the games. I don't see how it can be a problem with space, they must've thought about that.

^ I don't know, I'm probably being paranoid about the thought of running out of space. :giggle:  I love the bundled 3DS as well, but it's a bit more expensive than a regular 3DS XL, so I'm really undecided. Oh well, I've got about a month to decide what to do. I also want to get the Super Mario Bros game for the 3DS, even though I still haven't finished the one for my normal DS.

^ I don't know, I'm probably being paranoid about the thought of running out of space. :giggle:  I love the bundled 3DS as well, but it's a bit more expensive than a regular 3DS XL, so I'm really undecided. Oh well, I've got about a month to decide what to do. I also want to get the Super Mario Bros game for the 3DS, even though I still haven't finished the one for my normal DS.

I noticed that a standard 3DS XL was like £140 by itself. But then you'll probably be paying between £30 to £40 for the game itself so it just falls a little short of paying for the whole bundle. I still need to save up though and won't be buying it 'til September. Hopefully by then the 3DS will have dropped a bit more as well as the game of New Leaf might be discounted a bit. Or even the bundle itself.

I've had a look around, and Argos are doing the 3DS XL (Red and Black) for £129.99 which is the cheapest I've seen it anywhere. I won't be getting it until after my exams (so in a couple of weeks) so hopefully the price will stay down. Once you get New Leaf, perhaps we can exchange friend-codes, and visit each others town. :smile:

Oh that's a good price. £10 less than GAME! Oh yes, that sounds like something we could do. :) Apparently you can go into anyone's town, even people you've never met. Or at least I think I read that. And that any changes or destructions you make to that town don't become reality, it's almost like a dream :P

I've just completed Tomb Raider (easy mode) on Xbox. I think I'm gonna re-play it in normal mode so that I can get the rest of the achievements I didn't get. I've only got 13 out of 50. I'm not likely to get all of them as some of them are for multiplayer and I can't be bothered signing up for XBL.

Edited by risingdawn

I've played a bit of Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm campaign, I did two missions and one evolution mission (it tired me out a lot but it was very fun). I've also been playing some Poke'mon, more specifically Poke'mon White and Pok'emon Sapphire. My DS is not an XL, so it can play GBA games :). I've not actually played much of Sapphire, I bought it a while ago but didn't get around to playing much. So I restarted my game and am quite enjoying it. It's something not so complicated I can play when I'm a bit tired (which is a lot of the time).

My boyfriend is playing Ni No Kuni, the Level 5 RPG. It's a lot of fun watching him. I played it for about an hour, plan to play more of it in the future (when my tiredness allows). I love the music (though, being tired, I played with the sound off) and the art style. The story is quite nice but I haven't seen a lot of it yet (he's played for a few hours). The battle system seems nice too, so all in all it's quite fun so far.

I've played a bit of Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm campaign, I did two missions and one evolution mission (it tired me out a lot but it was very fun).

I must get Heart of the Swarm.  I loved Wings of Liberty, which surprised me because I usually find RTS games get boring pretty quickly, around about the time they start overloading you with so much to do that it becomes more of a chore than a pleasure to play.  I found Wings of Liberty had more variety than I expected, and the daft storyline was great fun :smile:

I'm only partway through Wings of Liberty, as I just haven't had the time to devote to it. I bought it when it first came out as I was a huge fan of Starcraft I. I shall have to pick it up again at some point (probably start over), though I don't know where I'll find the time as I plan on playing loads of games on my 3DS (when I get it!). :thud:

Obviously, when you get your 3DS, bobbly, you will be getting Fire Emblem Awakening :yes:   I nearly bought a 3DS just so I could play it, as the previous Gameboy and DS games are amongst the best handheld games I've played :smile: