The Gaming Box

Hayley

I've already rushed through it once, but missed so much of it that I'm now taking my time. I'm not doing any fast-travelling, and staying as far from the main quest as I can until I do all the side quests.

I prefer the playability of Fallout New Vegas - especially the new Speech checks, etc, but prefer the landscape of Fallout 3. Apparently they are working on a Fallout 4, but it will be a couple of years before it's out.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some friendly advice, I did the same as you and ended up level capping fully before i even got to the story missions! :giggle:

• 1 month later...

You guys who loved fallout should try far cry 3! I just finished it and absolutely loved it! A vast improvement over the second one. My game of the year for 2012.

Funny you've just said that Devi, I just went out and bought it today! I'm still struggling a bit with the controls, especially in the middle of a gunfight, when I panic and hit the wrong buttons. :blush2: But on the whole, really enjoying it so far. Looks like there's loads to do an explore.

I hope you have as much fun as I did bobblybear! Vaas is my new favourite villain.

I have dishonored on my pile of shame Karsa! I enjoyed crysis 2.

I have dishonored on my pile of shame Karsa! I enjoyed crysis 2.

I hope I get time to play them - I got the three games mentioned for a combined price of £35. Pleased with that! :smile:

Must have a look on Steam and see what deals there are today . . .

• 3 weeks later...

I also like video games. I own quite a lot of them, but I can't play them all that often because of my input problem. Most of the time I play with the sound turned off.

I especially like role playing games, tower defense and strategy games. I used to like first person shooters too, but not that much anymore. I mostly play on the PC and I play a few games on my DS. I haven't used my PlayStation 3 for gaming in a while and I've not used the Wii for an even longer amount of time.

Some of my favourite games that I've played in the past while:

The Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim

Mass Effect series

Dragon Age: Origins

Defender's Quest

Defense Grid: The Awakening

TellTale's games, ie. Sam & Max, Tales of Monkey Island

Torchlight series

Worms Reloaded

Pokémon games on the DS

I still need to finish some of these. I just find that, especially when I'm a bit tired, reading is so much easier.

Edited by Athena

• 1 month later...

Well, despite buying those games mentioned up thread, and a few others, in the Steam Christmas sale, I've barely looked at any of them.  I hadn't played any games at all for a while, then I was talking to some friends and we decided to have a go at co-op play on Diablo III, and it was a lot of fun.  Love 'em or hate 'em, Blizzard's Battlenet service makes online play a joy.

We played through Diablo III once and enjoyed it so much we talked about playing something else, and settled on Borderlands 2.  We don't play long sessions, a couple of hours each weekend and maybe one evening during the week, but after just an hour it gave me the worst motion sickness I've ever had from a game, and I felt ill for the rest of the evening.

So I had to give up on that and, as we enjoyed Diablo III so much, we decided to give Torchlight II a go, and it's just as much - if not more - fun, so much so that our sessions don't seem to last long enough  :smile:

We were looking at other co-op games as well, for a bit of variety, and it was mentioned that if you pre-ordered the new Tomb Raider game from Steam you got a free copy of Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light thrown in for free.  So we've got that one lined up as well, although it's limited to two players, I believe. 

Of course, that means I've now got Tomb Raider sitting on my pc as well :doh:  :lol:

I'm having a go at Pokemon Stadium on the N64! I've always liked the idea of Pokemon games that are more battle-focused than adventure-focused. I may play a bit of some Mario Brothers game later though as I've been watching HankGames on Youtube, where Hank Green and friends play Super Mario Brothers U (I think?) and it's made me want to play Mario!

I tend to like older games rather than current ones. There are very few I'm aware of on the PS3 that I've any interest in at all.

Well, despite buying those games mentioned up thread, and a few others, in the Steam Christmas sale, I've barely looked at any of them.

This happens to me a lot too. Not as much these days, before I'm not buying much anymore, but it used to.

I hadn't played any games at all for a while, then I was talking to some friends and we decided to have a go at co-op play on Diablo III, and it was a lot of fun.  Love 'em or hate 'em, Blizzard's Battlenet service makes online play a joy.

We played through Diablo III once and enjoyed it so much we talked about playing something else, and settled on Borderlands 2.  We don't play long sessions, a couple of hours each weekend and maybe one evening during the week, but after just an hour it gave me the worst motion sickness I've ever had from a game, and I felt ill for the rest of the evening.

So I had to give up on that and, as we enjoyed Diablo III so much, we decided to give Torchlight II a go, and it's just as much - if not more - fun, so much so that our sessions don't seem to last long enough  :smile:

x

I've played bits of Torchlight II a while ago (single player). I really enjoyed it, though I haven't played it much since I bought the actual game after playing the demo :lol:. I didn't buy Diablo III because of the always on DRM problems, my internet is shaky enough as it is and I don't like the idea of having to always be online (and costing bandwidth which we don't have tons of) while I play single player. I mainly play single player games. I do like the idea of a game like Diablo III. I'm glad you've been enjoying Torchlight II (I haven't actually finished the first one yet either, though I played it for a while).

I'm having a go at Pokemon Stadium on the N64! I've always liked the idea of Pokemon games that are more battle-focused than adventure-focused. I may play a bit of some Mario Brothers game later though as I've been watching HankGames on Youtube, where Hank Green and friends play Super Mario Brothers U (I think?) and it's made me want to play Mario!

x

I like Pokémon games, well some of them. I mainly like the adventure RPG ones, tbh I've never owned a battlefocused one like Pokémon Stadium. I really wanted it when I was younger but my parents didn't want to buy me an N64 (and I didn't have much money on my own). So that passed. Nowadays I play the adventure games on my DS (ie. Pokémon SoulSilver / Platinum / White / Black 2 are the ones I have for the DS). They're one of the few games I can play for a while without getting too tired, because they're easy to play and somewhat predictable (I always play with the sound off). It's been especially fun playing together with my boyfriend, what I mean by that is we're both playing a game on our DS's and talking about what we encounter in the game (sometimes).

Mario can be nice too, though sometimes it's difficult. My boyfriend bought Super Mario Bros. U and we tried to play it together (co-op) but I just found it to be very difficult. I haven't played that many Mario games in my life, so I'm not as good as he is (though I wouldn't call myself crappy or anything). I hope you have fun playing Mario!

I really should play more games myself, other than Pokémon Black 2 (in which I've done most things), I haven't played any games. I bought Mass Effect 3 ages ago and still haven't played more than a few hours of it. I bought Skyrim which I really enjoy but haven't played much of since a while. Tbh mostly I just get tired a lot and I find reading more fun XD.

EDIT: Gah, I can't seem to add newlines in between quotes.

Edited by Athena

I've played bits of Torchlight II a while ago (single player). I really enjoyed it, though I haven't played it much since I bought the actual game after playing the demo :lol:. I didn't buy Diablo III because of the always on DRM problems, my internet is shaky enough as it is and I don't like the idea of having to always be online (and costing bandwidth which we don't have tons of) while I play single player. I mainly play single player games. I do like the idea of a game like Diablo III. I'm glad you've been enjoying Torchlight II (I haven't actually finished the first one yet either, though I played it for a while).

Yeah, the 'always online' aspect caused a lot of complaint, didn't it?  Fortunately it wasn't a problem for me, but it's daft that you can't play a game on your laptop if you're travelling or whatever.  Torchlight II's much better in that respect, plus it doesn't take itself half as seriously.  Plus there are all the mods for it.  I'm going to have to get one that gets rid of all the spiders :hide:  :lol:  

I never finished the first game, either, but I've started it again - as it's single player only - for when I need a bit of a Torchlight fix :giggle2:

I'm interested in Tomb Raider and I'm also interested in playing the new Sim City, but to be honest I don't have enough time to play World of Warcraft as it is, so throwing another game into the mix isn't high on my list of priorities.

I cancelled my subscription for World of Warcraft. I really want to try the Tomb Raider game but we won't be getting it for awhile as my boyfriend recently got Crysis 3 and hasn't done much with it yet. But I think Tomb Raider is definitely on the list of games that we will have owned.

^ I'll have been playing Warcraft for 8 years come the end of May and during that time (as I found the other day) I have been logged in on my main character for over 116 days.  It's scary how the time racks up and I wouldn't consider myself a hardcore player.

It's a shame that the PC games industry seems to be heading down the route of always online DRM. The amount of people who were unable to play the new Sim City due to servers being unable to handle the load is pretty bad. I tend to only play Football Manager on my laptop and because I hadn't set it up for offline play I was unable to play it when my internet went down which was very frustrating. Another annoyance of mine is that console games are slowly becoming digital download only or code enabled to play. This is killing the second hand game market and considering that a lot of games are north of £40 these days its a bad move in my opinion.

I've pre-purchased BioShock Infinite.  I loved the first game and really been looking forward to this one.  I think it might push my pc a bit :lol:

Edited by Karsa Orlong

I've got the songbird editon of bioshock pre-ordered! 

I also highly recommend Tomb Raider - played through it twice now. Great game. 

I just got sim city as well, so if anyone wants my psn, 360 and steam/origin names, let me know! I'm always looking for people to add.

Crikey, that must have cost you a bit! :o

I've Steamed it :D

I got it overseas! Much cheaper than to buy it here in Australia.

Can I add you on steam? Pm me your name if you're ok with that. :)

I got it overseas! Much cheaper than to buy it here in Australia.

Can I add you on steam? Pm me your name if you're ok with that. :)

It's £90 over here for the PC version, £110 for the Xbox and PS3 :o  

I'll look up my Steam username later on.  I think I know what it is but I'd better double check :giggle2: