Andrea's 2007 reading list

~Andrea~

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm currently juggling three books at the moment, not sure if that's such a good idea :readingtwo: but we'll see.

Flatland is very enjoyable. A short book at just 120 pages, it's quite bizarre and amusing but very well written. I should get through it fairly speedily. I love maths so the snippets of geometry don't put me off, but there is more fiction than maths here. I think he is poking fun poking at Victorian society.

The Stand is great so far, but I'm just two chapters in so haven't much to say yet. The style is very easy reading, King is a great story teller. It will be interesting to compare to Dolores Claiborne, the only other King I've read.

And on Monday when I was off sick with a nasty cold I picked up the Northanger Abbey CD I'd started a month or so ago and got hooked once again. Although I had a slightly confusing 15 minutes lying on the sofa listening to it with my eyes closed, when I started to think 'this doesn't make sense'. Then I realised the CD player was set to random track :readingtwo: Doh!

Looking forward to continuing with all three this weekend.

• 3 weeks later...

Finished Flatland finally. I'm so behind with my reading. Having 3 things on the go is a bad idea I think, and the time of year doesn't help either. I've just had no time to read.

Anyway Flatland as excellent. 10/10. A strange little book, I'm not sure what to say about it, humorous, original, intelligent, brilliant.

Now I need to get cracking with The Stand.

Thanks Nici. I started it a couple of weeks ago but I'm only on chapter 6. Really hoping to make some good progress on it now. (I don't think reading multiple books works for me). It's really good so far. The question is, will I finish it in time for the January reading circle? It's the biggest book I've ever tackled.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on Chapter 23 now. To be honest I had been finding this not AS good as I was expecting. I think that was because it has been very hyped up on this site. So I let my expectations drop a little and now I am enjoying it a lot more. It's getting very gripping at the moment. No way I'll be finished in time for the Jan reading circle though. I guess I'm going to have to double up on books again :lol: