The Adventures of Travelling Piglet by L.C. Eliot

Hi All :smile:

When looking for new material to read – be it for myself or for my children – I have found myself often starting my search here. So today I thought: it’s time for me to contribute!

I recently bought Book 1 of The Adventures of Travelling Piglet, entitled When All You Know Is Where You’re Going, written by L C Eliot. The title stood out for me, not the usual kiddy’s language, and the book cover looks traditional, almost old-style: I was happy to see something stand out from the usual cartoon-style illustrations children literature seems to have adopted so widely.

The story itself is absolutely adorable, with a cute little piglet, the main character, setting out to compete in a racing competition, and meeting other friendly characters along his journey. A nice length for children who are confident readers, or helped by parents through some of the more advanced vocabulary; superbly written, an extremely easy read – by which I mean, it is written in such a way that it flows nicely.

If you have read it too, let me know what you think, I’m interested to know.

I hope this review is as valuable to you, as yours have been to me.

Deborah

• 2 months later...

This series was recommended to me by one of my friends whose children read quite extensively. My daughter loved the characters and is eager to read more! Like you said deborah, the books are superbly written and I've now recommended them to most of the parents at my nursery :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks Deborah, I just bought both ebooks, book 1 and 2, on Amazon for my son for Christmas. These will be his first 2 ebooks, I'll definitely let you know how he likes them!

I see I am not the only one frantically trying to finish off my christmas shopping ;)

Hope your son enjoys the books!