Songs You Like

muggle not

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You Sent Me Flying (Cherry) - Amy Winehouse.

Have only started listening to her recently, and downloaded her first album a couple of weeks ago. Love this track.

You Sent Me Flying is one of my fave Amy tracks :) I love Frank the most (of the two albums). Cherry makes me smile too .. so many Amy songs do because she always tries to get some humour in. Have you ever watched her Stronger Than Me performance on Jools Holland's Later Claire? .. It's Amy before it all went wrong. Also her performance .. also on Later ... of Dinah Washington's Teach me Tonight .. sublime. Her songs are like diary entries .. car crash diary entries some of them but very raw and honest. Alan absolutely adores Amy, Amy, Amy (from Frank) .. he says it's a bit These Boots Are Made for Walking :D

I don't think I've ever seen her perform live, but I'll see if I can find those two on YouTube and have a look. I remember first hearing her when Frank first came out as Jonathan Ross was a big fan and had her on his radio and television programmes, and I always meant to search out the album but never got round to it. I'm so glad I have now, but I'll be getting Back to Black as well, as I think she was an incredible talent.

• 2 weeks later...

I am a complete music lover. I have over 1000 songs on my iPhone, taking up half the space of it. Just cannot take away anything. I should get Spotify, but I can't afford. :negative:

So let me pick one of the thousands of songs I like..... Picking a Swedish artist..... Genre....? Okay, I'll go with a singer/songwriter.

I am a complete music lover. I have over 1000 songs on my iPhone, taking up half the space of it. Just cannot take away anything. I should get Spotify, but I can't afford. :negative:

I use the free version of Spotify on my computer. Although it doesn't allow you to transfer them to an iPhone, mp3 player or whatever, you can make song lists to listen to. I'm loving it :D

• 2 weeks later...

Roger Miller was the first to record "Me and Bobby McGee" and I love his recording. However, Janis Joplin later did a recording of the song and it was a blockbuster of a hit.

Always loved this song

Who doesn't smile when they hear this? .. sublime :)

I don't know about in the UK, but Donovan seems to be largely forgotten here. I saw him in concert in the 70's and love his music.

Older Women (Make Beautiful Lovers) - Ronnie McDowell.............Ronnie was never a great hit but I really like him and he has a great voice. I wish I could find his "cover" of the Beatles hit...."Yesterday" as he was fabulous on it. I seen him perform in front of a small and intimate crowd years ago in North carolina. anyhow, this was one of his hits.

http://youtu.be/rHQcJuUHLwo

• 2 weeks later...