Songs You Like

muggle not

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My song of the day has been:

wow!! Now that was when music was music :). I wish more people would listen to that song. I don't believe I have heard a better version of that great song. Not to mention Louis Armstrong, one of my very favorite artists.

wow!! Now that was when music was music :). I wish more people would listen to that song. I don't believe I have heard a better version of that great song. Not to mention Louis Armstrong, one of my very favorite artists.

Ella is my absolute favourite - she'll never be surpassed. I don't even know where my love of jazz, and particularly Ella, comes from as no-one in among my family or friends listened to last sort of music when I was growing up. I do love other music as well, but these songs will always be at the top of my favourites lists. This particular version of Moonlight in Vermont comes from an album called Ella and Louis for Lovers, and I've got it on in the car at the moment, so I've been listening to it a lot lately, but the two of them together are just wonderful.

Fear - Paradise lost (It's off an album that doesn't exist)

If anyone knows where to get some rare or b sides from, please let me know.

Edited by dex

• 1 month later...

I've been listening to David Sneddon's White Noise e.p. Unfortunately it's not online, as it was a digital release 6 years ago and disappeared off the web, and I got a copy sent to me by someone who had it. Some of the tracks are on Youtube live - if anyone remembers David from Fame Academy - trust me when I say this e.p. is a lot more grown up.

Also listening to this a lot:

Not sure why it's not displaying the same as everyone else's when I'm using the media tags but oh well.

• 4 weeks later...

We have all the Time in the World by Louis Armstrong just came to mind when reading previous posts and seeing What a Wonderful World

Wire to Wire by Razorlight is in my head today

Skyfall by Adele - anything really by Adele though

• 2 weeks later...

Lead With Your Heart - The Tenors

Why have I not heard them before. My wife tells me they have been singing for quite a while. They are fantastic. I am watching a 2 hour show of them on PBS television. I absolutely love them.

Been a while since I've done one of these, but my favourite song of the moment is Someone To Watch Over Me sung by Ella Fitzgerald - beautiful. :smile2:

Lovely, Chesil!!  Ella is wonderful, I agree.

I'm listening to a lot of White Rabbits again, and right now have on 'I Had it Coming.'

My favourite song at the moment is "Bring Him Home" from Les Miserables and sung by Alfie Boe.  I also like John Rutter music which we sing in the choir I go too.  People may remember he composed one of the pieces sung by the choir at the wedding of Prince William and Katherine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...