Songs You Like

muggle not

Pop in now and then and post a Title of a Song that you like. It doesn't have to be your favorite song, just a Title of a Song that you like. Also, just the Title is fine as it doesn't have to be the actual singing of the song.

Here is a song from 1959 that was sung by The Browns titled The Three Bells (Little Jimmy Brown). It originated in France in 1945 but became a big hit in the U.S. in 1959 when sung by The Browns.

http://youtu.be/uiwFeKartX4

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Little Ms Stitch - no problem, it is ok to just post the title of the song and the name of the artist.

Vodkafan - Great song by Nat King Cole. I always enjoy listening to him. There is another song that he recorded that isn't as well known as most of his songs that I really like, it is title "Dance Ballerina Dance".

This has to be one of my favourite songs ever, either sang by Freddie or Brian I'm not bothered, but it has to be live, in fact anything by Queen is better live, Brian Mays acoustic guitar in this is sublime, in fact I have been lucky enough to say hi to him a couple of times as he lives in the next village to us and used to use the same Chinese takeaway...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8-rH2ilkxk

I am sorry to say that its The Black Keys but I love this song, enjoy good people! ~

I love this song, I really should download myself an album.. :smile:

This has to be one of my favourite songs ever, either sang by Freddie or Brian I'm not bothered, but it has to be live, in fact anything by Queen is better live, Brian Mays acoustic guitar in this is sublime, in fact I have been lucky enough to say hi to him a couple of times as he lives in the next village to us and used to use the same Chinese takeaway...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8-rH2ilkxk

I was there that night :cool:

Antmusic - Adam & The Ants.

We caught a bit of a TV programme about number one singles or something like that, and there was all this rubbish being voted for, and OH mentioned this song (which didn't get to number one) but we had to listen to it just to remind ourselves how good it was!

I do love Louis Armstrong, and that song is amazing, but when you get him together with Ella Fitzgerald, magic happens. So, my choice for today, inspired by muggle not, is The Nearness of You by Ella & Louis :wub:

Indeed Muggles, beautiful song :friends0:

Thank you chesilbeach and poppy :wub:

Yes, Armstrong and Fitzgerald were a classic. We will never hear a combo like that again.

One of the Louis Armstrong albums that I really like is the one by he and Velma Middleton............Louis Armstrong Plays W.C. Handy.

btw, the Dave Matthews band were great admirers of Louis Armstrong. One of the members donated a set of CD's to the library in Charlottesville, Virginia.....LOL, I know because I checked them out and copied them. :)

If anyone's wondering who had the audacity to give this thread only one star out of five, it was me! :blush: But I swear, it was by accident, my mouse was acting up and I accidentally clicked on the one star. I thought I'd fess up.

I love Pearl Jam and this always brings tears to my eyes, because of the lyrics :wub: